Low Battery

[ hi it's me again, sorry if things seem ooc! IM SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED FOR THE NEXT EPISODE!!!! ]

Fizzarolli had walked for hours, so many hours that the sun had started to rise. To say he felt like shit was an understatement.

There was just nothing around, apparently mammon lived in the middle of fucking nowhere.

His prothesis we're made to sustain a lot, but at the current moment the small heart shaped lights on his feet were blinking in urgency to let him know that his legs batteries were in need of charging.

He groaned in annoyance, great now his legs would die and hed be stranded in the middle of fucking nowhere.

He'd been following a map on his phone at first but by now his phone had died and he had been so tired he just kept walking in hopes of finding something, anything really, someplace to charge his phone, or his legs before they gave out.

Maybe a motel or a gas station, but no, all he's gotten to is a stupid fuckin street, this single road seems to go on forever, just more dirt and road and trees.

He should just call Asmodeus, the big guy would probably come get him, but if he did that then he'd have to explain the contract he'd signed with mammon, and that was a long story he didn't feel like telling ever again.

Not to mention Ozzie was probably pissed with him, up and leaving like that, no explanation and he had blocked him.

He'd definitely lost his job as host to the club, there was no doubt about that.

Eventually he turned another corner and ended up on, you guessed it! Another stupid fuckin tree lined street.

The sun was fully up now, little gaps of its light poking through the tree tops, fizzarolli stops, he swears his eyes are twitching with rage, he throws his bag on the ground and growls, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, he falls to his knees and searches through his bag,  he wouldn't have a breakdown, not here out in the open.

He snatches his phone charger, some tape, and one of the cables he uses to charge his prothesis out of his bag and sits down in the grass.

He tears the phone charger in half, and then does the same with his prothesis cable. carefully, he intertwines some of the wires before taping it all together.

He carefully he pulls his pantleg up just enough, the charging port for his leg is on the side of his thigh closer to where his prosthetic meets skin.

He plugs one end of the charger-cable he's Frankensteined together into his leg, and plugs the other into his phone, he squeezes his eyes shut for a moment, expecting to possibly be electrocuted.

Nothing, he opens his eyes and sees that his phone screen has lit up, reading that it's beginning to charge, at first he feels a spark of hope, his plan has worked!

That hope is crushed in an instant when he fully realizes that he's draining the battery from his leg to charge his phone,  at this point he might as well just call Ozzie, it's not like he has many friends willing to drive all the way to greed at 5am to pick his dumbass up.

He slumps to the ground in defeat, he basically did all of this for nothing.

A few minutes ago by, incredibly slowly if you ask fizz, and eventually his phone has enough battery for a short phone call, and his leg is very much not working.

He clicks on the messages icon and unblocks Asmodeus, immediately his phone is flooded with messages and missed calls, and almost a minute later Asmodeus is calling him again.

This time he answers

"Fizzarolli?! Are you okay?! Where are you?!" Asmodeus voice cuts through the silence

Fizzarolli was confused, he sounded, worried? That was odd. Why wasn't he at least a little mad? He had the right to be.

"I'm fine!" He spoke, trying to sound annoyed.

"Where are you?! What happened?!"

Fizzarolli rolled his eyes even though he knew Ozzie wouldn't see it.

"I don't actually know where I am, and that's a long fucking story"

"What?!"

"Look, just...Im in the middle of nowhere in greed and my left leg isn't exactly working"

"I-im not even going to ask, just stay where you are, I'm going to open a portal to your current location"
Ozzie says

"You can do that?" Fizz questions

Before he gets an answer however, a deep blue light swirls into veiw just about 5 feet away from where fizzarolli is sitting, Asmodeus steps through into veiw.

"Fizzarolli! There you are!" Asmodeus speaks, relief in his voice, he walked over and kneels down next to fizz.

"What has happened to your leg?"

"Oh my phone died!" Fizzarolli said, almost proud of his little creation.

"Uh-huh.." Ozzie says slowly, taking in fizzarollis current state.

"So...when was the last time you took your medication?" Ozzie finally asks

Fizzarolli almost takes this personally but decides he'll do that it later, instead he blinks up at Ozzie and asks

"Which one?"

They both stare at each other for a moment before Ozzie sighs and moves to pick fizz up but fizz has other ideas.

He rolls away from Ozzies outstretched hand rather quickly and cackles
"Aw thanks but I don't think I need any help big guy!"

"Okay, just follow me" Ozzie says in a tone that indicates he's questioning all of his life choices

He then steps through the portal and fizzarolli uses his arms and drags himself through afterwards.

The portal swirls into mist, disappearing completely.

[960 words]