Calm Before The Storm

The fire had been long since put out, and now imp workers and paramedics we're searching the debris for any survivors, of course there weren't many, five or six perhaps, most everyone was dead.

In the middle of what was once a large circus tent, lay a broken wooden beam, blackened and crumbling from the burning fire that had assaulted it so ferociously only hours before, the beam shifted weakly for a moment, then slumped back down into ash.

An imp worker, named zee, turned, facing the beam, they could've sworn that they heard something more, they turn and climb through ash and the burned remains of what used to be a decent place, they stop and crouch down next the ruined wood.

That's when zee saw the blood, oh, so much blood.

The stood up with a jerk, snapping their head around towards the other imps.

"Hey! I think we've got another survivor!" Zee shouted, turning back to the wooden beam, they gripped it tightly and pulled, a few other imps rushed over and started heaving the ash cover wood away.

All zee could see was what looked like a heap of blood and bone, limbs twisted and broken in ways that bone should never go, the smell of charred flesh hit their nose and they held back a gag, it was an imp, or at least the remains of one.

Zee thought that the poor imp that had been crushed must be dead, but then they heard a sound, frail and pained, ring out through the silence.

"He-lp...m-e.." the poor thing groaned, trying to open his eyes.

"Oh son of a fuck!" They whispered, this sight would be burned into their mind forever.

"Who did this?" One of the other imp paramedics spoke

The ruined imp wheezed as though simply breathing hurt, and zee assumed it probably did.

The bloody imps face twisted into an expression of pure hatred.

"...bli-tzo.."

________________________________________

"Fizzarolli? Fizz? Fizzy?" A voice whispered, a hand nudging fizzarollis shoulder woke him from his slumber gently.

Fizz opened his eyes to see Ozzies face, looking slightly guilty, staring down at him.

"Hm?" Fizzarolli hummed, blinking sleep from his eyes and pulling the blanket around himself a bit tighter.

"Mm, sorry to wake you, but I have successfully constructed a plan." Ozzie spoke

"You were serious about that?" Fizzarolli said, groggy from sleep.

"Yes, very."

"Oh, okay, so what's the plan?" Fizzarolli sat up, still wrapped in that blanket that might aswell be his now.

"Mammon has a lust for all things cash, and I have an offer he won't be able to resist!"

"That is?"

"I will offer him a deal to manufacture the F.P.C's for him, aswell as a large check, in return, I'll gain your soul." Ozzie spoke proudly.

Fizzarolli hesitated for a moment, before speaking. "That's nice and all, but I don't particularly want anyone to own me."

Ozzie blinked for a moment, chuckling to himself.
"I don't plan on keeping your soul, I'm going to set it free!"

Fizzarolli nodded, the thought, 'I don't believe you' sat on his toung, but he doesn't dare say it.

Other thoughts pooled inside his mind, so many that he forgot all about mammon's blackmail against him, but it doesn't really matter anyway, right?

A swirling blue mist whooshed past and interrupted him, he turned and saw Asmodeus forming a portal, on one side, Ozzies office, on the other, mammons.

[587 words, sorry it's short, next chapter will be longer]