A Shot In The Dark

[ me desperately covering plot holes with flex tape: DON'T LOOK!!! PLEASE!!!

[ Also violence warning ⚠️ ]

Fizzarolli feels warm sunlight hit his face, he blinks a few times, checking too make sure he's seeing correctly.

He's in Ozzie's bed again, that's no surprise, he remembers going home with Ozzie. What he's not fully able to recall is why blitzø's jacket is on the coat hanger of Ozzies room.

Maybe it's not blitzøs, maybe he bought it last night and doesn't remember? That's weird. He never wears leather, it's hot and in his opinion, ugly.

Then it hits him, like a school bus full of crying children, he remembers last night. He must've had something strong to drink.

He groans, his splitting headache confirming his theory, he glances at his phone. It reads twelve thirty PM.

There's a sound at the door, he looks up and sees Ozzie standing in the doorway. "Oh, you're awake, good morning!" He says fully walking into the room.

Fizz nods his head, putting his phone away. "are you feeling okay?" Ozzie asks.

"I feel like I've been hit by a car, but other than that I'm fine."

Ozzie hums in response, he's holding a plate with toast and eggs. "I got you some breakfast" Fizz smiles, thanking him, and Ozzie hands him the plate.

"Are you sure you're feeling alright? You were very...upset last night"

Fizz stops shoving scrambled eggs into his face and looks back up at him, Ozzie continues speaking. "Did something happen that you want to talk about?"

Fizzarolli falters for a moment, uncertainty in his body language, but he sets his plate down and nods.

Asmodeus sits on the bed, giving fizz his full attention, listening.

"It was an old...friend, he came by and we...had an argument I guess" fizz isn't exactly sure what to say, oh yeah, my ex came by and I verbally assaulted him because it's his fault I'm so fucked up!

He grimaces, Ozzie holds his hand, using his thumb to rub comforting circles into the top of it. He's quiet for a few minutes until Ozzie speaks.

"It's okay if you don't feel like talking about it anymore, i understand it's hard."

Fizz looks up at him again, giving a sad smile. "Thanks big guy," and he nuzzles his face into Ozzies chest. "Are we still going to the club today?"

Ozzie smiles, "only if you feel up for it" and pets fizzarollis head.

Fizz purs, bouncing up out of bed, headache forgotten. "Feel up for it? I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms from not hosting!"

Unknown to the two, once again, hidden in the darkest corner of the alleyway that split off the exit to Ozzies, someone was watching the exit door, waiting.

He hasn't got to wait any longer, as the door swings open, a short succubus holding a trash bag steps out. leaving the door open she walks over to a dumpster, she's on her phone not paying any mind to her surroundings.

He takes his chance, running quickly through the door and locking himself in a broom closet. He waits a few moments, he hears the succubus walk back inside and shut the door, nobody has noticed him.

He sits there, silently, he allows himself to be comfortable enough to clean his weapons thoroughly, preparing everything he'll need. His phone lights up, but makes no sound as his employer sends him a message, didn't he tell this clown not to disturb him on the job?