3. Don't wanna lose you

Your P.O.V, 4 pm

The Next day I woke up to find that Jungkook left early to attend some work and that I'll be discharged today. That was not a surprise because I know my sister doesn't want me spending time doing nothing.

Last night me and Jungkook convinced Rosé to go to Eunha's house, who stays next to the hospital. We wanted her to be able to rest, considering the amount of stress she went through today and Jungkook took the couch in her office.
Chanyeol came early today with fresh clothes and food for us and then I spent the day with Lisa and Wooshin who kept me busy the rest of the afternoon. And now! I am waiting for Chanyeol to pick me up so that we can head home.

But… But all this time one thing kept going in my mind.

'His words'

'Something is not right, Y/n'

I decided to shake that thought off and concentrate on the news which I was watching on my phone. I don't usually do that but, who wouldn't want to watch reporters talking about you on TV?

"Miss Yeojong here is really scared out of her mind. And the cops have promised complete protection for her." The voice of the reporter came. They showed Yeojong-ssi who was sobbing really hard, palms covering her face while tears flowed through. The reporters gathered around her tried to ask questions but she couldn't form words and continued crying.

"The student who got shot is out of her critical condition and will recover soon." The handsome reporter who kept speaking, hesitated a bit but continued.

"The investigators have confirmed that the person accidentally lost his aim and the bullet hit the girl. Fortunately both of them are safe for now." The reporter smiled slightly after his unconvincing report.

"And this is Jung Hoseok signing off." I turned my phone off after chuckling slightly at his signature wink.

He is right. As much as I want to believe it's not true the more I believe things are not normal. But how is it possible that someone wants me killed? I am a girl with zero idea about what to do with my life. But I told myself it's okay to do anything, all that matters is if you are happy. Neither am I rich. I myself go to part time jobs, to not burden my family.
We moved from Thailand to Korea years ago because my dad wanted us to live a new life and not feel miserable after our mom's death. Jungkook's dad worked for my dad and was his best friend. He moved here with us to Korea along with their business.

The whole day I kept on playing my whole life in my mind to find something related to this incident, something that could give me a hint on why this happened. But all I could find was my mother's death. I kept telling myself it's just a dream, just an illusion.

But besides that I found nothing. I decided to get ready to leave cause I believed all the answers to my questions were on the way.
And right on time Rosé entered, "Time to go home! Chanyeol's waiting for us in the car." I got in the car while Rosé helped me adjust with my still painful shoulder. I was happy to get back home. But my thoughts didn't let me get excited about anything. "You are thinking about something. You are not acting like your usual self. Don't worry, Rosé will be back soon after her work is done." "Oh! It's fine… I was thinking about yesterday. I never got to thank you for that day, you were brave, Chan. Did you watch the news?" "The news? Yeah…. I'm glad you are safe. A slight accident saved lives. I couldn't watch the beauty cry… she is too sweet don't you think?" I could tell he was trying to change the subject. And that he was uneasy with the topic. He must have been so scared. So I decided to stop the conversation there.

~~~~~

Meanwhile, The Boss's P.O.V

"Dad, I'm sorry. We lost our chance." I stood in the office, head bowed down not daring to look his father in the eye. "Those Park's survived, huh? As expected." He started to laugh, making me confused. "Dad, one of my guys accidentally spilled the plan before the shoot. Or else, we could have killed her." "ENOUGH! Gangsters don't make excuses son. They are very clever. Show me you are better. Take our revenge. The youngest survives again? We keep her till the end. Make them suffer till they beg for death. Take down the whole family!" "Yes dad."