13. Making The Move

"Nice to meet you guys, I'm Seokjin. Kim Seokjin. Thanks for taking care of my sister for so long. I heard you let her stay at your residence."

YOUR P.O.V

We smiled back at his genuine act of gratitude, "It's nothing compared to what she is doing for us. Moreover, we got you fired, we are the ones who apologize." I took out some cash and handed it to Seokjin. "I hope this will cover the repairing expenses. You can hand it over to your boss. Do you want us to talk to him?"

"It's seriously alright. It's my 5th job this week, I'm just glad I haven't gotten kicked out of my apartment yet." We raised our eyebrows, wondering what he meant by it. He quickly shrugged it away with a smile. "Nothing. You guys busy yourselves I'll be back.'' With that said, Seokjin moved towards the counter to speak to someone. It was obvious from his actions that he was not aware of the situation in the family. As soon as he left, me and Hoseok immediately settled ourselves on the seats across Jisoo.

"He doesn't know?" Hoseok asked immediately. Jisoo looked down at her lap and shook her head. "Why didn't you tell us about him, Jisoo? You know we are searching for the team our parents left us. You knew about him and yet kept us away." I said with a hint of sadness in my voice. Jisoo took a deep breath and finally looked at us, "It's.. I was scared. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. It's just- I didn't want Seokjin getting involved in this mess. It's dangerous and I don't want to lose him. When Mrs. Jeon recognised me and you explained the situation, I'll be honest there was a part of me that was excited to introduce my brother to you. But another part of me was thankful she never mentioned my brother. I spent everyday worrying over whether I should take the risk of involving him in this or not, without realising that he was already in danger."

"I've been very happy guys. To be a part of this team, to finally meet the people who have been there for our parents. It has always been just me and my brother for me. And to know there's going to be more to call family, I was ecstatic. I would do anything for you guys. But the thing that scares me the most is Seokjin would do the same if he ever gets to know you are Park Haejin's daughter."

"You are Park Haejin's daughter?" We heard a voice behind us. Before I could speak a word, Seokjin cut me off. "Jisoo, why didn't you ever tell me you were working for Park Haejin's family?" He asked unbelievably "How do you know my father?" I asked him. He settled down next to Jisoo, smiling sadly as if he was reliving a memory. "Your father, he is the person who protected us at our worst. After our parent's death, I was left alone with Jisoo, she was too young to lose her parents, well… so was I. But then, Park Haejin, who happened to be a friend of our parents, helped us. He helped me with my studies and Jisoo's. He checked up on me from time to time like a father, until a few years ago I lost contact. And so I returned to Korea hoping to see him again someday but never met him." 

Hoseok placed a hand on Seokjin's shoulder, squeezing it lightly to give him a sense of comfort, as he could understand how it felt. I smiled at him, feeling a tinge of pride in me knowing my father was a good man. "He passed away a few years ago but I know my father would have been happy if he met you again." His eyes were instantly saddened. "I'm sorry." I shook my head, "It's okay. I'm just surprised that my father hid you all from us for so long." "Seokjin, I need to tell you something." Jisoo suddenly said.

~~~~~~~~

TIME SKIP

"You are telling me what?!?!"

We were currently on our way back home, along with Seokjin. It was a long tiring walk especially after Seokjin drove us farther away in the van. I have to say, I regret letting Jisoo and Hoseok tell the story on our way back. We were in our neighborhood and we were supposed to be staying low, but we were way too loud to call it 'staying low'. Seokjin kept gasping and exclaiming everytime we told him something new.