viii. new information

After the call, Nikita wanted to refresh herself with a nice warm shower where she could drown in her thoughts, overthinking about the situation. It wasn't a very healthy thing to do but how much more damaged could she get?

Nikita walked out from the shower in her towel to see the FBI with guns out and her associates with their hands up.

"My, my, this is unexpected." She commented as some of the male officers fumbled along with a wide eyed Jack at her appearance. "Let me just get dressed. Oh, I do recommend you find further assistance for the luggage. My sincerest apologies."

They reached the airport in handcuffs and a crowd already formed around them. Shouts of encouragement and applaud was heard all over the airport.

When they finally arrived at headquarters, she, along with her friends, were immediately put in separate interrogation rooms. Outside, she could hear angry shouts coming from a very familiar voice. Something about a Cowan just sitting on his ass.

A coy grin appeared on her face when she heard him say "bullshit", knowing that he would have to tolerate some of the Frenchman's antics.

After hearing the conversations had with each of her acquaintances, and being very amused, he finally made an entrance to her room.

"Agent Rhodes!" She said with unbridled enthusiasm as he marched into the room, already fed up with the absurdness he had to deal with. "And the lovely Agent Alma Dray. Well, come in! Have a seat! Make yourself comfortable." They did as instructed and sat in the two chairs in front of her.

The female agent opened a file and stated, " It says here that you're a hypnotist, a mentalist and a master at sleight of hand. A jack of all trades, i see. Although there is nothing here regarding your personal details. No address, no familial contacts, not even a birthday."

"Hmm, I wonder why." Nikita replied smugly.

Agent Rhodes decided this would be the time to say something, going straight to the point, "Look, even if you didn't rob that bank,"

"Which we didn't."

"And even if you don't have the money in your possession."

"Which we don't."

"You are still an accomplice to this crime!" He concluded with an face of annoyance.

Nikita's lips pursed before she turned to face the French agent and walked towards her, looking directly into her eyes. "Please  leave us."

The agent complied without a trace of hesitance or unwillingness.

"Oh and turn the cameras off while you're at it. I need to have a private conversation with Agent Rhodes." The French nodded curtly before gently closing the door. Immediately after, she ripped the cuffs off like they were nothing.

"Dylan." greeted Nikita with a calm voice.

"Nikita." He replied, dropping his facade instantly.

He knew he was facing an ancient, powerful being. He knew that about her a long time ago. She was a dear friend of his father and she promised him she would always take care of his son. She even tried to convince to turn him. The father declined. He didn't want his only son to suffer an immortal life. Nikita understood. Although, after his passing, her eagerness to turn the son only grew.

At first, Dylan looked at her like she was a monster, which she was. She had a hunger inside her. One look in her eyes and that was enough to get her victims running, trying to escape her hold. Not that they ever did. No one escaped her. Underneath the calm and collected, resided a murderous persona. She was thankful this persona only graced her with its presence in opportune moments. Now was not one of those moments.

"What are you doing here, Nikita? You were supposed to stay hidden. What'll happen when your father-"

"My father is dead."

"What? How- I thought Originals couldn't die."

"We can't, but apparently, somehow, my baby brother, Niklaus, acquired a weapon capable of our demise. But no matter, that weapon has been taken care of."

"Wait, so that means..."

"Yes, I have finally been summoned. I'm guessing they chose now because now, there is nothing to be afraid of. Now the running has stopped and the fear has ceased. I am free."

Nikita walked towards the exit as she stated her piece.

"Just... Be careful. There might be more coming your way. Your family has a history of finding chaos and strife."

"We don't find chaos. It finds us. Thank you for your warning, but i have everything under my control. We will see each other again soon, dear friend. Fret not."

She smiled softly as she made her way out.

Nikita found her team and didn't stop walking to the exit, not waiting for them to follow. They did follow though, they always did.

As they reached the car, Jack, the gentleman that he is, opened the door for her. She thanked him with a small smile and waited for him to enter.

They drove off to the airport and set foot on the jet, courtesy of the old man in charge. Nikita opted to sit opposite Jack with Merritt and Henley a few seats behind them and Daniel all by his lonesome in the front.

Jack ordered a beer, although Nikita didn't understand why. She revolted the taste of the beverage. She much preferred a neat whiskey or a smooth red wine, albeit she didn't drink that often.

Jack struggled to open his drink and it caught Nikita's eye. She observed with humour as he tried to take off the cap. She laughed at his embarrassment when he finally saw that she was looking at him.

"Here." She asked for the bottle with her hand out, ready to take it.

Jack handed the bottle over hesitantly and watched as she took the cap off with her teeth. He wasn't sure why he found this attractive, he wasn't sure why he found everything she did attractive but apparently he did, for a reason he was not aware of.

She handed him the bottle with her eyebrows raised and an expectant look in her eyes when he didn't take it and only just stared at her with what she could only decipher as wonder.

He finally took the bottle slowly from her and kept his eyes trained on her as he drank. When he finished, he placed the bottle on the table, his eyes still not leaving her, and smiled. To his fortune, she smiled back.