xiv. influential brothers

There were two men standing in the doorway. One was wearing a dark grey henley covered by an olive leather military jacket, and the other clad with a tailored fit consisting of a dark blue suit jacket, dress trousers and a collared shirt.

"Who told you what already?" The man with the olive jacket questioned.

"Klaus, Elijah, what are you doing here?"

"Well, it appears, Marcellus, that you have kept some very important information undisclosed. I suggest you reveal it now before we force it out of you." The man now known to the team as Elijah spoke.

He spoke differently to the gentleman beside him, although Klaus was far from gentle. Elijah had a certain aura of authority as the words rolled off his tongue.

"Look... It's about Nikita. It's actually why these people are here." Marcel explained to the two murderous brothers.

"Who are these people anyway?" Klaus pointed to them haughtily, not the slightest bit concerned for the nature of their presence.

Daniel saw how he regarded them and took offense to it. Although, he didn't dare do anything because he knew there were larger matters at hand, and also because he was absolutely terrified of the man before him.

"These are the Five Horsemen." Marcel introduced the crew.

"You've brought us magicians? Next thing we know, you're going to present us with clowns and talking elephants." Klaus dismissed incredulously. He couldn't see how a bunch of wand wavers could help him with his sister.

Jack was clearly affronted by the dirty  blond haired man and stupidly opted to lunge at him before being held back by Marcel and Daniel, both of whom obviously did not want to see the manchild die a painful death due to his sheer foolishness.

Klaus was smirking at the reaction he got while Elijah just rolled his eyes at his little brother's antics.

"Alright, everybody, let's just calm down!" Marcel, ever the peace keeper. "Nikita turned it off!" He announced in the hubbub. "She turned her emotions off."

Upon hearing those words, Klaus' smirk dropped and Elijah's brows furrowed.

"What do you mean she turned it off?" Elijah asked calmly though his expression was anything but.

"I mean she turned it off."

"Well, that's bloody ridiculous! You can't even turn it off at our age! It doesn't exist." The shout came from a disgruntled Klaus, obviously in denial at the information he'd just heard.

"You forget she's half witch. Ma still has that mortal side to her, which is ironic considering she's the hardest to kill out of all you cockroaches." Marcel tried to spell out to the two originals in the room.

The Four Horsemen just witnessed as the conversation unraveled into a conversation they couldn't even begin to comprehend. They were still new to this, they didn't know enough to be involved or even present at this exchange.

"What do they have to do with all of this?"

Daniel, choosing to speak through all of the chaos, answered Klaus. "We're her team. We've been with her for the past 6 months."

Elijah sensed his brother's scepticism and reassured him of their credibility. "It's true, Nikita told me she was going to go around the country performing for The Eye."

"So those Egyptian wankers finally called her in then. It was about time."

Klaus' statement definitely raised some eyebrows. More specifically, the group's. Finally called her in? Was she already a part of the Eye before they even knew about it? And if so, how long has she been a part of the mysterious organisation?

"Look, can we just focus on finding her?" Henley was the one to interject, tired of all the pointless bickering.

"You can't find her. Once my sister disappears, she disappears. She vanishes. We can only wait for her to reveal herself."

"Well, can't we just use a location spell?" Marcel tried to combat Klaus' statement.

"You said it yourself, Marcel. She's a witch. A very powerful one at that. She knows to cover her tracks." Elijah came in with a strong argument.

"What, so we just give up?" Jack asks dejectedly. "We can't just her be. You can't give up on her." Jack pointed to the two brothers and son.

"We're not giving up on her! We're just letting her relax and blow off some steam. She'll come back when she sees fit." Klaus knew how uncontrollable his sister could be, more so if she was detained and kept from doing what she pleased. Even the supposedly mighty hybrid couldn't keep her on a leash once Nikita decided she wanted to let go. All he could do was wait for her to safely return home.