Chapter 1: Rengoku Lives

This was it, Rengoku could see Akaza's fist coming towards his middle. Rengoku accepted that he would die someday, he only felt sorrow at not being there for Senjuro, his father, and the defeat of Muzan. But Rengoku would die protecting the future generations, he would die a great death, and he'd be damned if he didn't make Akaza work for it.

"Akaza!" Came a bellowing cry. The demon froze and began trembling. The yell even caused the slayer to freeze. Akaza jerked away, taking five steps back and lowering his hands to his side, his head also twisted viciously towards the tree line.

Rengoku followed the demon's line of sight. Seeing a beautiful woman power walking towards them. A beautiful white western-style dress adorning her figure. It was flowing in the breeze and was enchanting, dazzling, just absolutely exquisite, the woman could also be explained using those words. Rengoku felt a flush brighten his cheeks at seeing you speeding towards them. Who were you? And how did you know Akaza?

"Mother!" Akaza cried in embarrassment. Mother? Rengoku twisted his head back towards the male. Rengoku was flitting his gaze back and forth between the two of you. What is going on here? He found his own sword lowering to his side. Akaza seemed petrified of the woman, and as she got closer Rengoku understood.

As you got closer Rengoku's own body began to tremble. You were far more powerful than you looked, it sent every one of Rengoku's nerves on fire. He needed to run, he needed to flee. He tried to stop the trembling, desperately, but he couldn't seem to steady his hand.

You made it much closer and were now glaring at the demon, "Akaza, we've talked about this," you took an exasperated tone, hands resting on your hips. The posture you took accentuated your body even better for Rengoku to see, and he was doing his best not to choke. "But mother," whined the demon.

"No," you all but growled, "we've discussed this. We agreed. I want to hear absolutely none of your excuses right now. We're going to have to have quite the talk once I smooth this over. Do you understand?" You had crossed your arms at his point. And Rengoku couldn't help but choke. Your eyes flitted over towards the slayer. You stepped in front of Akaza, his eyes just barely peaking over your head. "Get off your tip toes Akaza," you said not even looking back at the man.

Akaza pouted but did as you said, no longer being able to see the slayer over your head. Akaza looked like a child that had been scolded, which he technically was but this was all so incredibly difficult for Rengoku to wrap his head around.

"I'm so sorry about his behavior. We agreed that he wouldn't go around killing anyone but," you turned your head to glare at the demon, "someone couldn't help themselves."

"But mother," Akaza pouted and managed to get close enough to you to wrap his arms around you, his chest resting against your back. He rested his head on your shoulder, and proceeded with his pout, whine, and stomping his feet routine. "I don't wanna hear it you brat," you gripped his face in your hand, glaring at the demon. "You broke a promise, and I do not tolerate that sort of behavior. You're lucky I'm not punishing you right here in front of these people." Yep, color Rengoku confused as to what the relationship between the two of you was. You turned back towards the slayer, "I'm so sorry for his behavior. And I am deeply remorseful about any injuries or damages Akaza may have caused. I hope there is some way we can help."

Rengoku could only stare at you. Sense finally invaded him again, "Demons don't have parents. They are all created by Muzan," Rengoku spoke as he raised his sword again. "Correct you are young slayer. While I am an exception, Akaza here isn't. But he's working for me, at least he's supposed to be." You glowered. Akaza whined again, tightening his hold around you.