500 Special

Notes: Well, I guess this turned into a 500-likes special instead of 300. Sorry, this took so long you guys. I appreciate every single one of you and am so thankful for all of the likes, comments, and adding to reading lists. Thank you all so much. Above I have a picture of where all my readers are from because I want you all to know that I appreciate every single one of you so much. Also, this is mainly fluff of some kind and like the absolute mildest of smut, like a teaser of sexual content. Just foreplay honestly. 

◼◼◼

 He hadn't expected this mission to go as south as it did, really he didn't. He thought that he would be in and out, and have time for breakfast. However, that is not how it went. He had not heard the demon sneaking up on him as he stood over the corpse of the other.

The living demon had been quiet and had swiped across his back before running like a coward. The demon's overly long nails had contained some kind of poison as well, which was not helping as he hobbled toward the butterfly estate.

He managed to kill it after it had punctured his skin more times than he truly cared to count. It took longer than he wanted to end the demon's life as well, and that was a true hit to his pride.

He felt the blood dribbling from each of his wounds, and while he was breathing to help staunch the loss of blood, the poison trying to ebb through his body was not helping. His sword was currently acting as a crutch as he made his way to the butterfly estate, knowing that Shinobu was far better equipped to deal with what he was dealing with than any of the other estates.

A kakushi had found him, about 100 yards from the butterfly estate. He had decided to lie down and focus on his breathing to prevent any of his current injuries from worsening. The kakushi had been sent out to learn about his mission, and they found his body. They had panicked because they thought he was dead, which he quickly remedied by laughing. The poor kakushi had almost jumped out of their own skin.

The kakushi had assisted him in getting to the Shinobu, hurriedly setting him down and rushing off to get her. Rengoku felt sorry for the corps member, having the impression that the Kakushi was close to having a heart attack from stress.

Shinobu rushed in, another person following not far behind. He was thoroughly surprised to see you. He hadn't thought you'd be here, ever. You were so strong that it wouldn't make any sense for you to be here for any injuries.

"(Y/n), please get a bowl of water and a cloth." You nodded, rushing off to grab the things she had asked you to. Shinobu turned to him again, "so what happened?"

"I think I've been poisoned! A demon that was not reported stabbed me and I have been feeling odd since then!" His hearing was shot after the fight, he had to strain his own ears so far in an attempt to hear the demon that now hearing was very difficult.

"Your first mission back and you've already hurt yourself again. Self-sacrificing bastard," she shook her head. He looked away sheepishly, a shameful flush coming over his features.

You walked in again, a bowl resting against your hip and a cloth slung over your shoulder. You sat next to him, hands coming to rest on his collar before stuttering. You peered up at him, a deep flush over your features. "May I remove your shirt for medical purposed, Rengoku?"

He felt his blush travel up to his ears, and down past his chest. He'd only barely heard you, but with your body language, he'd been able to piece everything together. He turned away, "uh-huh!"

He was fully embarrassed, trying to prevent his body from shaking as you unbuttoned his shirt. You peeled the sweaty material from his chest, seeing a few punctures quickly. You maneuvered his arms, sliding the sleeves down and off his body.