Chapter 7: More Rengoku

You sat silently in a tree not far from the butterfly estate. You waited for Rengoku's crow to fly back by, you'd just so happened to see it flying towards the town, and were now waiting for its return.

You heard the flap of wings first, seeing the bird not long after. You didn't quite remember the lovely thing's name. "Hey, sweet birdy!" You called, waving towards it in hopes you wouldn't have to chase it.

The bird seemed to have remembered you, swooping down and landing next to you. "Oh, well aren't you just the loveliest little bird? Such a sweet one hm?" You scratched where his beak met his feathers, causing the bird to make a pur-like sound.

"Can you do a favor for me? I even have some food for you." The crow cawed, tilting its head, you gently stuck the letter between the bird and its collar. "Oh why thank you. You are such a lovely crow. So pretty too, you must take great care of your feathers." You hummed and set some food down for the crow.

You proceeded to stroke the beautiful bird, happy to see it enjoying its food so readily. You felt that all the Kasugai crows deserved to be treated with the utmost care and respect.

You missed your own little bird friend but were happy to have the one right in front of you. The bird finished his food, clucked at you in thanks, and took off toward where you assumed Rengoku was.

You smiled and watched as the bird flew away. Wishing you could follow it but knew better. The wisteria surrounding the estate was enough to deter you. You were less allergic to the wisteria than Muzan's demons but it didn't make it any more tolerable.

It made you itchy all over and the feeling would last at least a day after you touched the wisteria. It was miserable, so you stayed as far away from it as you felt necessary.

You did your best not to laugh when you heard Rengoku's heart rate increase, almost feeling the anger radiating off of him at your letter. You felt the sudden shift in his mood, feeling pain suddenly.

You frowned, getting down and deciding to leave to give the man time that he may need. You meandered your way through the town, all the laters lit so beautifully, the fireflies fluttering around.

You desperately wished your children were here with you, but they were safer with Tamayo. You signed, but shook your head, moving on towards some of the shops. An older man was calling toward you, and you decided to entertain him.

You sauntered over, seeing the fruit sitting nicely on the stand. "Hello, ma'am. I have some lovely pears, for a beautiful lady like you, I can give you a discount." He smiled, grabbing a pear and extending it towards you.

You smiled, handed over a few coins, took the pear, and walked off. You bit into the fruit, the juice dribbling down your chin. You hummed, wiping the juice from your chin, but continued to bite into the tasty fruit.

You were minding your own business, enjoying the pear when Rengoku's crow chirped at you, you lifted your arm, and the bird perched on the given limb. You couldn't help but wonder why it had come to find you again when you saw the paper tucked in its collar.

You bit into the pear, trying to stick it in your mouth, and reached to grab the paper. After a try or two, you gripped the small sheet and gave the crow a little scritch. The bird flew up into a nearby tree and simply watched you as you started to open the piece of paper.

Stop tormenting me in my dreams. I don't know what demon art you cast upon me but I need it to go away. I don't know why you so desperately wish to converse with me but I have no interest in ever speaking to a demon if not to kill it.

You almost wanted to laugh at his insurance that you had used a blood demon art.

Leave me alone, Ms. (Y/n). I do not know why Tanjiro trusts you, but I don't.