New Years Special

🔺🔺Sexual content ahead🔺🔺

The new year had come, and Rengoku invited you to the new years festival. You were apprehensive at first, unsure about going out in public. You spent time at markets and such but you knew that this would be a very crowded place. But you and Rengoku had been courting for months, and you trusted him with your life.

Mitsuri had helped you dress for the festival, the whole interaction was new to you. You'd never had any girlfriends back before you had become a demon. It was always a competition between the girls in the town you lived in. You were lucky enough for a man in the town to pay your dowry. You had been traveling when you received the news, and that was when you met Isa.

He said he fell in love instantly and offered to pay twice your dowry just to be sure he'd have you. It was a whirlwind love story, that ended too soon. Sometimes you felt guilty for your feelings towards Rengoku, but you knew that if you had died you'd have wanted Isa to be happy again. You only hoped that his spirit wouldn't condemn your actions.

Mitsuri hummed happily as she helped you dress. You'd both gone shopping a few nights ago and she assisted you in picking out what to wear. You'd never been to one of these celebrations, always too busy with your children or your husband.

"I just love this kimono (Y/n)!" Mitsuri cheered, wrapping the cloth around your waist. You smiled, helping her place the fabric. "It reminds me of my Hashira uniform," you spoke softly. A nostalgic smile covering your face.

Mitsuri smiled happily, still humming to the toon in her head and parading around you. "I bet your husband was very happy with you as his wife," she mumbled. Your head snapped in her direction. No one had spoken to you of your husband, other than Tengen but he had a penchant for pushing boundaries.

"Thank you Mitsuri. He actually paid double my dowry to make sure I was his wife," you laughed lightheartedly. Mitsuri gawked, thoroughly surprised. "Wow, he must have really loved you then."

You laughed again, remembering all of the silly moments the two of you had together. "He really did. I miss him... Kyojuro reminds me of him often," your face filled with mirth. "Really?" She asked, "how so?" You hummed in thought for a moment. "He's," you laughed at the only word that came to mind, "flamboyant. He always looks happy, and he loves his family very much. And he cares deeply for those around him, he has a great sense of comradery. I, I really like Kyojuro Mitsuri. I don't know how to act. I loved Isa, but these feelings... I'm not sure how to behave, especially considering how different everything is now."

You turned to the younger woman for guidance. She grew up with the current customs, you'd only have about 15 years to learn all that had changed in the time you were gone, and it was still difficult to keep up most of the time. "Just... Do what feels right. I'm sure Rengoku will like you no matter what. He never stops talking about you," she laughed.

"He talks about me that often?" You inquired. "Yeah, he never stops. Always talking about your little dates," a large blush overtook your cheeks. "It's really cute honestly. I haven't seen him this passionate about something in a really long time. I understand your reservations, but I know Rengoku just wants you to be happy." She spoke softly and kindly. Mitsuri really was a great woman, whoever got to be her husband would be the luckiest man in the world.

"Thank you Mitsuri," you said as she finished tieing your clothes. "Of course. I want my former master to be happy and I think you make him very happy." She smiled brightly at you, and you returned with your own bright grin. "Oh!" You exclaimed, "I have something for you as a gift," you stepped down from the small stool you'd be balancing upon and went into a bag that was sitting nearby. You pulled out a small package of sakura mochi. "I thought you might like this," you handed the package over to her.