Chapter 3 - An Elegant Weapon

The next morning, Chase was woken to a sound similar to a whoosh. He got up, went out of his pup house and went to find Ryder. When he found him, Ryder was practicing with the lightsaber. He swung it left and right, swung it in a figure 8 and even spun it with his wrist. Chase was amazed by what he saw.

Chase: Wow Ryder, I never knew you could use that thing so well.

Ryder jumped when he heard Chase's voice, almost losing control of the lightsaber.

Ryder: You scared me there, Chase. And thanks.

Chase: You should show the other's. They would love seeing the flashlight too.

Ryder laughed.

Ryder: Remember Chase, it's a lightsaber.

Chase: Sorry, Ryder. I'm just so amazed by this new invention.

Ryder: It's okay, Chase. Now, can you wake the other pups up? It's time for breakfast.

Chase: Yes sir, Ryder!

The German Shepherd then ran out of the Lookout to tell the others. Ryder then deactivated the lightsaber and left it on the table.

Ryder: That pup sure likes the lightsaber. Maybe he can learn to use it one day.

Ryder then took the elevator to the top of the Lookout and started preparing the pups breakfast when he heard something unusual. Ryder was confused by the noise. He went to the periscope to check out Adventure Bay. But when he turned towards the bay, he saw the most shocking thing. Six TIE Fighters were heading towards the small town, lead by an Inquisitor who had a deathly look in his mask.

Ryder quickly grabbed his Pup Pad and called the pups.

Ryder: PAW Patrol, to the Lookout! We have an emergency!

At the same moment, at the base of the Lookout...

Chase was on his way to wake the pups up to tell them about Ryder and the lightsaber. He suddenly stopped and thought to himself in a questioning manner.

Chase: Wait. Wouldn't Ryder be ashamed if the pups knew he could handle a lightsaber?

At that very moment, Marshall woke up and saw Chase standing there, looking unsure of what he was thinking of. He walked over to Chase quietly and got his attention by poking him with his paw. Chase was startled and jumped when Marshall poked him.

Chase: Marshall! You know better than to sneak on your best friend!

Marshall: Oops. Sorry, Chase. I just saw you standing here and was wondering if you were okay. Were you thinking about her again?

Chase blushed when he heard that very sentence, but returned to his proper composure moments later.

Chase: No. Not that, the thing with Ryder and the lightsaber.

Marshall was surprised.

Marshall: Oh. Okay. What about it?

Chase opened his mouth to start talking about earlier when he was interrupted by a strange sound. Moments later, the two pups received a call from Ryder.

Ryder: (through their pup tags) PAW Patrol, to the Lookout! We have an emergency!

The two of them looked at each other in terror.

Both: Ryder needs us!

They rushed towards the elevator as quickly as they could, where the other pups were. On the way, Marshall slipped and took Chase with him on a dive into the elevator.

Marshall: Guess I slipped up on that one, huh?

Rocky: No time for jokes, Marshall! This is an emergency!

The elevator doors closed and raised, with red alarms blaring all over, screaming a warning siren. The pups were fitted into their uniforms and quickly made their way to the top and halted before Ryder once more. The alarms were silenced in the top room so the pups could hear Ryder's briefing.

Chase: PAW Patrol, ready for emergency action, Ryder sir!

Ryder had already pushed the button on his Pup Pad to lower the screen, turning it on. Instead of a blue screen, a red warning screen appeared and a robotic voice spoke for a quick second.

Robotic Voice: Emergency Protocol RT2 initiated. 

Ryder then spoke in a hurried manner.

Ryder: This is an emergency, pups! Six vessels have just appeared out of nowhere and are heading for Adventure Bay at rapid speed!

The pups all gasped.

Ryder: It is our job to draw those fighters away and minimize the damage done to the town. So, I need all paws on deck.

He tapped a button on his Pup Pad screen and it broadcast all the pups vehicles.

Ryder: Instead of your normal vehicles, you will all have flying vehicles!

The pups were amazed by what they saw.

Skye: So this is a...

All Pups: Jet to the Rescue Mission!

Ryder: That's right! Now PAW Patrol, GO GO GO!

The pups ran for the slide, flying down it at super speed, while Ryder slid down the fireman pole towards the garage. The pups jumped into their jets and started their engines. Ryder came out of his garage with his ATV Hovercraft, and followed by the pups, they took off to the sky to face the incoming horde.