Chapter 5 - Stolen Pieces

Skye lay on the ground, bruised, bleeding out of her paw, and choking at the smell of smoke. All she saw around her was chaos. The TIE Fighters were starting their attacks on Zuma, Rubble and Rocky, who returned fire with their starfighters. Ryder was on his Pup Pad, but she couldn't make out who he was talking to. Chase and Marshall were heading her way at rapid pace, probably because of the explosion. But what she saw the most was the black armored, masked figure walking up to her with a 4-sided circular Inquisitor lightsaber, 1 of it's blades ignited with a red glimmering, blood-thirsty tint to it.

Skye knew what she had to do. She used her remaining strength to pick up pieces of metal and chuck it at the Inquisitor, but all he did was cut it with his lightsaber. She threw many more pieces from the jet, but it did no good at all. One of the pieces she threw was actually a flare that was ignited. It lit fire to the grass that the Sith Scarrer had to take to get to the cockapoo.

Skye: (through her thoughts) Let's see him get past that.

But to her surprise, the Sith Scarrer walked through the fire, coming out without a single sign of burns or flames.

Sith Scarrer: You are coming with me. Now.

He deactivated his lightsaber and used his Force abilities to pick up Skye and knocked her out. The Sith Scarrer let out a little chuckle and let the pup go. He walked over to the knocked out figure, knelt and spoke in the pup's ear.

Sith Scarrer: You'll be dead soon.

He picked her up and returned to his TIE Interceptor and placed her inside.

Sith Scarrer: One down...one to go.

But as he exited his TIE Interceptor, a German Shepherd in a police aviation uniform took the Inquistor to the ground and began pounding him. The Sith Scarrer managed to throw him off and stood off the now angry pup.

Chase: You keep your hands off of her!

He stood into a Pup-Fu sparring stance, paws at the ready. The Sith Scarrer was ready for that and drew his lightsaber, this time igniting all 4 blades.

Sith Scarrer: Come closer and feel the wrath of my lightsaber.

He lunged forward, spinning the lightsaber wildly. Chase evasively dodged and stood angrily.

Chase: Ruff! Tennis Ball Launcher!

His pup pack revealed just that, aimed right at the Inquisitor.

Sith Scarrer: You are making a mistake right here, Chase. Wouldn't you rather save Skye?

He deactivated his lightsaber to show that he wouldn't attack, but Chase knew better.

Chase: You are just going to kill me! I would never fall for your sneaky tricks!

The Sith Scarrer knew what he had to do. He removed his mask just like he did with Skye.

Sith Scarrer: Now you know the real truth! Would I betray you like your pup friends? Your so-called "team"? I wish the best pup in the pack would know better.

He took a smoke bomb from his utility belt he had on his waist, and with one last throw, he vanished into thin air. Chase looked around, but couldn't find a single trace of the Sith Scarrer anywhere except...a note, laying on the ground mysteriously. Chase picked it up with his paw and read aloud: "Say so long to Adventure Bay and the PAW Patrol!"

Chase didn't realize what was happening around him until it was too late. The TIE Fighters have taken over Adventure Bay, as they have already destroyed the Bell Tower on Town Hall, the water tower, and the Lemonade stand. But what was even worse was that on the back of the note, was a timer counting down. Once it hit zero, the counter beeped multiple times before shutting off. At that same moment, the Lookout was blown to bits from the base up. Chase was devastated by what he saw.

Chase: The Lookout...

He had a loss of words. All the memories spent there, the new inventions, the awesome treat dispensers, the big-screen TV, everything. And now it was gone.

Chase: (through his thoughts) How could he have done this?

Suddenly, a shadow lurked from behind the pup. He turned around to see the Sith Scarrer standing before him hand outstretched towards his.

Sith Scarrer: I know you hate me for what I did, but it can become worse. Especially for Ryder and his pathetic little stray dogs found. They all will suffer under my wrath if you do not do something about this. Join me and I will stop all the destruction that is being caused.

Chase didn't know what to do. He couldn't trust the Sith Scarrer, he made the mess in the first place. But he also didn't want his friends to be hurt more than they already have. He finally came to a conclusion.

Chase: Okay, I will take your side. But you will stop destroying Adventure Bay and it's good people.

The Sith Scarrer nodded and called the TIE Fighters. They immediately broke off of their attack run and piloted around Adventure Bay.

Sith Scarrer: All you have to do is take my hand and we are settled.

Chase's paw worriedly reached out for the Inquisitors hand. And when the two touched, Chase was electrically shocked backwards and knocked unconscious. The Sith Scarrer just chuckled.

Sith Scarrer: I knew he'd fall for it.

Just as he said those words, an Imperial Cruiser blasted out of hyperspace just above the bridge of Adventure Bay. The time had finally come, Lord Vader himself has arrived. The Sith Scarrer went over to grab the German Shepherd, but had a sudden urge of resistance. He wasn't sure what it was, but after shaking it off he grabbed Chase, put him in his TIE Interceptor next to Skye, and piloted off towards the Imperial Cruiser.

Sith Scarrer: All TIE's, form on me.

The remaining TIE's formed up behind him, and they piloted their way into the hangar of the cruiser, just before the big ship tore off into space in the blink of an eye.

Down below, a 10-year old boy on his ATV looked nervously as the TIE's and the cruiser blasted away from view.

Ryder: Skye and Chase, please be careful. You do not know what he might do to you...

He then sat down and started crying at the sight of two of his most beloved pups now gone, in the hands of the Empire...

Enjoying the story so far? Comment on a part you enjoy and I will continue to use it throughout the story! Something you don't like? Let me know and I can change it! I want to make sure this story is as good as it can possibly be.