Chapter 8 - Imperial Wrath

The deep reaches of space erupted with gunfire as the Rebel Alliance's X-Wing Fleet teams up with the PAW Patrol's Air Patroller to defeat Darth Vader's Imperial Cruiser. Where we last laid our scene, our two star pups were on their seperate ways to win the fight. Skye was on her way to blow up the cruiser while Chase was on his way to get back in contact with Ryder to help come rescue them. But they have to watch their step, since their old ally, the Sith Scarrer, has turned evil and is searching the cruiser with Darth Vader's Stormtrooper army for them, their plan is to execute them on the spot. Aboard the Air Patroller, the rest of the team was planning a boarding party in search of their fellow comrades, desperate to reuinite the PAW Patrol, whatever the risk that lies ahead...

Chase ran through the dark hallways as fast he could, the tracker clenched in his paws. The endless strectches of the long passages felt like he was running forever, doomed to never end. But all it did was push him to run faster. Every second, his veins pumped faster and faster, starting to kick into overdrive. And when he turned one corner, he found light at the end, where he found a hatch leading to the outside. He took out the tracker and radioed the Air Patroller.

Chase: Ryder, I have found an escape hatch on the east side of the crusier.

He laid the coordinates of the hatch to Ryder, the pups, and the X-Wing fleet, then turned and ran back the same way he came. He was worried about Skye, and didn't want to leave her behind.

Meanwhile, in another part of the cruiser...

Skye was walking slowly through the stretch of corridor leading to the towering inner structure that made up the cruiser, and her main objective: the boiler. She looked nervously across an intersecting pathway and behind her for any sight of the Sith Scarrer and his men. When nothing was in sight, she took off for the door that lay open to the boiler. But right before she got in, she was met by a stormtrooper, their blaster raised and pointed right at her. As the stormtroopers finger closed in on the trigger, Skye braced herself to be put through pain and the coming death that followed. 

But before the blaster was shot, a German Shepherd came sliding in at that very moment, knocking the stormtrooper off balance and sending them right down the garbage chute that lay at the end of the hallway.

Skye: Chase?

By then, the German Shepherd was up on his feet and relieved to see Skye in one piece, then turned to look behind Skye and saw the Sith Scarrer standing not that far behind her.

Chase: Skye! Behind you!

Skye turned to find the Sith Scarrer standing right where Chase said he was. The dark figure lunged at Skye, and she raced into the boiler to avoid being slain to pieces. Chase blocked the Sith Scarrer's path, and the last Skye saw of Chase was the red lightsaber of the Sith Scarrer cutting right through his body, and it falling to the ground. Skye let a tear shed from her eyes at the sight of Chase gone, but had no time to waste. She hid as fast as she could and planted the bombs on the biggest, highly explosive tanks. The Sith Scarrer walked past her hiding place, trying to find the cockapoo he was sent to kill.

Sith Scarrer: I know you're in here, Skye. Show yourself, and things will be back to how they used to be. You get to see Ryder, Chase and the rest of them again. All you have to do is come out here, and we will make this work.

Skye hesitated the call of her former ally with all her might, and managed to escape the pull. She fired up the detonater, pressed the flashing red button, and the whole boiler room exploded. The Sith Scarrer got caught in the crossfire, and was consumed by the flame. Skye made her way out of the boiler, grabbed Chase, and took off down the hallway. But with Chase being heavier and knocked out, it was harder for Skye to get them both out alive.

At the end of the next hallway, the escape hatch was open. Ryder had managed to get the Air Patroller to Chase's coordinates and open the hatch. But as the flames grew closer and Skye being slowed by Chase's body, she had only one choice. She threw Chase as far as she possibly could towards the opening, his body sliding in. And just as Skye was about to reach the exit, the hatch closed and the flame engulfed her. And as the Air Patroller took off from the hatch, the cruiser was blown to bits.

Skye was launched into the open of space, and as she held her breath, she saw the explosion of the cruiser beneath her, being torn apart by what she had done to it

Skye was launched into the open of space, and as she held her breath, she saw the explosion of the cruiser beneath her, being torn apart by what she had done to it. Suddenly, she made out a singular TIE Interceptor that looked like it was coming...straight for her. She panicked at the sight and looked for any escape route, but it looked like there was nothing she could do. The Interceptor closed in on the cockapoo, and just as it was about to reach Skye, the Air Patroller came swooping in and caught her. Skye gasped in for air as the Air Patroller took off away from the explosion, but was followed by the Sith Scarrer in pursuit. Skye ran over to where Marshall was tending to Chase's gash through his chest. The blood in his veins were depleting by the second, as shown by Marshall's scanner.

Marshall: (to Skye) He has a very slim chance of surviving, there's not much we can do but hope.

Skye grew angry with this, her close friend became her worst enemy. All because of Darth Vader.

Skye: (to herself) I'm so going to kill that murderer.

The Air Patroller then shot rapidly into the reaches of space back to Adventure Bay, with the Sith Scarrer close behind, to where the final showdown would take place...

 Will Chase come back to life and slay the Sith Scarrer? Will Skye be slain? Will the other pups learn of this treachery? Will any of the PAW Patrol use the lightsaber to defeat the Empire? Find out in the exciting climax of PAW Patrol Meets Star Wars!