Ch. 1 The Preface

An eight-year-old girl with shoulder-length, wavy strawberry-blonde hair named Elaine Phantomhive was sleeping peacefully in her bedroom. Unbeknown to the Phantomhive Princess, her life will change drastically on December 14, 1885.

The door to Elaine's bedroom opened, revealing a thirty-four-year-old male with short-length, bluish-black hair and sapphire blue eyes named Vincent Phantomhive. Behind him stood his wife, Rachel Phantomhive, a thirty-two-year-old female with long-length, wavy strawberry-blonde hair and ocean-blue eyes.

" My Love." Vincent softly speaks while looking down at Elaine.

Elaine hugs her black teddy bear tightly and snuggles deeper into her bed.

" Elaine. Sweetheart. Wake up." Vincent lovingly brushed Elaine's strawberry-blonde hair away from her face.

Elaine's nose wrinkled, and she opened her eyes, revealing a sapphire-blue color similar to Vincent's.

" Papa?" Elaine yawns, and she adorably rubs her eyes, looking tired.

Vincent fondly stares at Elaine.

Vincent's sapphire-blue eyes blink when he sees his daughter holding her small arms out to him. He grabs her and holds her securely in his arms. He hides his face against his child's strawberry-blonde hair, unaware that it will be his last morning with his beloved daughter.

" Today is your two big brothers' tenth birthday. Shall we go and wish them a happy birthday?" Vincent asked while pulling his face away to stare at Elaine's sleepy face.

" Yeah!" Elaine awakens and smiles brightly when she hears that today is her two older brothers' birthday.

Vincent amusingly chuckled, finding Elaine adorable. " You are so cute!" He gushed while affectionately rubbing his face against her.

Rachel amusingly giggled when she saw Vincent getting affectionate with Elaine. She knew when their daughter was born that Elaine had her husband wrapped around her tiny finger. She steps inside the room and looks at the two fondly.

" Vincent. Give me, Elaine. She needs a bath." Rachel held her arms out to Vincent.

Vincent and Elaine's doe-like sapphire blue eyes intently stared at Rachel's ocean-blue eyes.

" Elaine does not smell." Vincent looked offended. " Well, the only thing my daughter smells like is roses and baby shampoo." He amusingly chuckled.

" I'm not a baby! I'm eight!" Elaine adorably pouted.

" In my eyes, you will always be my baby." Vincent gently pokes Elaine's nose, causing his daughter to glare adorable at him.

" Vincent." Rachel puts her hands on her hips.

" Fine. Fine. You need to shower, Sweetheart. Since Mummy is going to put a cute dress on you to wear for your brothers' birthday." Vincent speaks.

" No! I do not want to!" Elaine struggled to leave Vincent's grasp. However, her father was stronger than her, so Vincent was able to pass Elaine to Rachel.

" There's my little Angel." Rachel grabs Elaine and holds her close.

Elaine giggled and kissed Rachel's cheek, causing her mother to smile.

Rachel holds Elaine close and heads to the bathroom, with Vincent watching them.

However, a glass-shattering sound caused Vincent's sapphire-blue eyes to widen. He saw the window of Elaine's bedroom break and shatter as something struck Rachel on the head, causing her to fall with their daughter in her embrace.