Ch. 12 You have a pretty name

A few hours later, the carriage arrives at the town. Elaine looks out the window and smiles, excited to explore and have fun with the others.

" We're here! Vladimir. We're here!" Elaine cheers while looking at Vladimir, sleeping on Mey-Rin's lap.

Vladimir responded with a meow, snuggling against Mey-Rin.

Mey-Rin pets Vladimir and smiles.

" Let's go, eat," Mey-Rin looks at Elaine and Tanaka.

" Okay!" Elaine nodded.

Baldroy got out of the carriage, grabbed the horses' reins, and tied them on the stand, watching the horses eat hay and drink water provided by the town.

Finny jumped, opened the door, and helped Elaine, Mey-Rin, and Tanaka get out of the carriage.

Elaine looked at her surroundings in excitement. It has been a year since she last went to town with her Aunt Angelina and Butler, Grell.

" Young Lady Phantomhive," Mey-Rin calls out with Vladimir in her arms. " We are going to eat here," She points to a nearby restaurant.

Elaine turned and nodded. She walks towards Mey-Rin, grabs her left hand, and walks to the restaurant with her and the others.

Everyone stepped inside, looked at their surroundings, and saw the restaurant filled with people.

" Hello and welcome! How many to your party?" A host greets the group.

Elaine looks and counts. " Five people and a cat!" She looks at the host and smiles.

" Follow me, please," The host turns and escorts the group to a booth.

Elaine sat between Mey-Rin and Tanaka while Baldroy and Finny sat across from them.

" Here are the menus," The host gives the group five menus. " My friend, Andrew, will be your server," He points to a male waiter. " Have a lovely day!" He turns and walks away.

" Hello, Andrew here. What can I get for you?" Andrew asked while pulling out a pen and notebook.

" What do you want to drink?" Mey-Rin turns her gaze to Elaine.

" Orange juice for me and milk for Vladimir," Elaine responded.

Mey-Rin nodded.

Baldroy heard what Elaine wanted and nodded.

" One cup of coffee for me. Black is fine. Two orange juices for the kids," Baldroy points to Elaine and Finny. " An Earl Grey Tea for the lady," He motioned to Mey-Rin. " A Green Tea for the gentleman," He gestured to Tanaka. " And a bowl of milk for the cat," He looks at Vladimir.

" Got it," Andrew nodded and wrote the orders down. " I'll be back with your drinks," He turns and walks away.

Elaine kicks her little feet, waiting for their drinks to arrive. She glanced at Vladimir and smiled when she saw her cat sleeping peacefully on Mey-Rin's lap.

" Mey-Rin. Vladimir likes you," Elaine giggles.

Mey-Rin looked at Vladimir and smiled.

" Happy to know he likes me. Long ago, I used to have a cat like him. Sadly, he passed away," Mey-Rin murmured.

Elaine comforts Mey-Rin by hugging her arm, causing the older female to smile.

Vladimir wakes up, meowed, and licks Mey-Rin's gloved hand. His orange eyes briefly stared at everyone before closing and returning to sleep.

Andrew comes back with the drinks and sets it in front of them. He pulls out his pen and notebook and looks at everyone.

" What would you all like to eat?" Andrew asked.