Ch. 6 The Phantomhive Garden

After Sebastian cleaned the kitchen, Baldroy returned to make food for Elaine. Elaine sat at the counter with Sebastian making Hibiscus tea for her on the side. The Head Butler kept a close eye on Baldroy and Elaine to ensure no incident happened again.

Elaine kicked her legs underneath the counter since her feet didn't reach the marble floor. Her sapphire-blue eyes blinked when she spotted Finnian outside in the back, tending to the garden.

Elaine's sapphire-blue eyes sparkled, looking excited because she wanted to see what the garden looked like after it got restored alongside the Phantomhive Manor. She gets off, causing Sebastian to turn his head and look at her.

" I am going to the Garden!" Elaine brightly smiled. " Let me know when the food is ready!" She runs past Sebastian. She opens the door and heads out to the garden.

Sebastian amusingly watched Elaine leave. He nodded and continued to make his Little Lady's Hibiscus tea.

Elaine runs towards Finnian. " Finny! Finny!" She called out, causing the young male to stop walking and turn to look at her.

" Young Lady Phantomhive!" Finnian warmly smiled. " What can I do for you?" He asked.

" Did you restore the Phantomhive Garden?" Elaine asked while looking at her surroundings.

" It's so pretty!" Elaine complimented while smiling at Finnian

Finnian blushes, getting bashful.

" Master Phantomhive told me how much you adore the garden, so I wanted to ensure to at least bring its beauty back since when I got here, I found all the plants shrunken and damaged because of the fire," Finnian responded.

Elaine nodded. She begins to walk through the garden with Finnian keeping a close eye on her. She stopped walking and stood beside a patch of red roses.

" So pretty," Elaine whispered while admiring the beauty of the red roses. Her sapphire-blue eyes blink when she spots a yellow rose among the red rose patch.

Finnian approaches Elaine and spots the yellow rose. He remembered reading a book about The Language of Roses and how the yellow rose represents Friendship.

" Here." Finnian cuts the yellow rose and holds it to Elaine.

Elaine's sapphire blue eyes blinked, and she turned to Finnian.

" Um. Consider this a token of our Friendship!" Finnian blushes while putting the yellow rose in Elaine's hands.

Elaine beamed, happy that Finnian wanted to be friends with her. " Yay!" She hugged the older male, which took him by surprise.

" I would love to be friends with you!" Elaine lets go of Finnian and brightly smiles at him.

Finnian's turquoise-colored eyes teared up, relieved that Elaine didn't mind being friends with him.

Finnian stared at the ground, lightly grasped Elaine's hand that held the yellow rose, and knelt before her, which caused her to look at him with a confused gaze.

" Young Lady Phantomhive. I promise I will protect you and stand by your side. No matter what, I shall be your loyal and devoted friend and servant." Finnian lifts his head and stares at Elaine with glowing green eyes.

When Finnian looked at her with his glowing green eyes, Elaine didn't feel scared. She found his eyes beautiful, like sparkling dark emeralds. She could see that what he told her held nothing but the truth to them.

" And If you ever get lonely, I am always here to talk to you!" Elaine reassured.

Finnian blinked, looking at Elaine with his turquoise-colored eyes. He warmly smiled and nodded. He heard footsteps approach and stood up, seeing Sebastian pushing a cart filled with food and tea.

" My Little Lady. It is a beautiful day today. How about eating outside? There is a gazebo in the garden where you can eat in tranquility." Sebastian asked while looking at Elaine.

Elaine turned her gaze to Sebastian and smiled. " I can eat outside?" She asked, looking surprised. " Is that okay?" She looked at Finnian since she didn't want to dirty the garden that her new friend had worked hard on.

" You do not need to ask me, Young Lady Phantomhive." Finnian amusingly chuckled. " This garden is yours. That is what Master Phantomhive told me." He remembered.

Elaine felt touched that Ciel gave her ownership of the Phantomhive garden. She turned to Sebastian and smiled. " Can you take me to the gazebo?" She asked since she wanted to know where it was.

" Of course." Sebastian nodded. " Follow me." He turns around and begins to walk away.

Elaine turns to Finnian. " Thank you for the pretty flower!" She brightly smiled and waved goodbye. " I will see you later!" She turns around and catches up to Sebastian.

Finnian warmly smiled and waved goodbye. He looks at his surroundings and decides that he will also protect the Phantomhive garden with his life.

Sebastian escorts Elaine to the gazebo. He parked the cart beside the table and helped his Little Lady to the chair by pulling it back and letting her sit.

" Thank you!" Elaine brightly smiled. She watched Sebastian get the tray and place it in front of her.

" I hope you like your meal, My Little Lady." Sebastian stood back and watched Elaine look at her food and tea.

" It looks very yummy! Tell Baldy I said Thank you!" Elaine grabs a fork and begins to eat her food.

Sebastian nodded. He closed his ruby-red eyes and began to relax but was still on high alert in case of any threats that could harm Elaine. He hummed, hearing the pigeons fly and tweet and the bushes filled with flowers sway by the wind.

Sebastian has never been this peaceful before and has decided to cherish this moment. He opened his ruby-red eyes and softly smiled when he saw Elaine carefully eating her meal and savoring it since she knew how long it took Baldroy to make her food.

Sebastian's ruby-red eyes blinked when he felt someone staring at him. He looked away and saw Ciel staring at him and Elaine from his bedroom. He hummed, remembering Elaine's PTSD moment in her bedroom, and decided to confront his Young Master about redesigning his Little Lady's bedroom.