Ch. 7 Little Women

Elaine finished her meal and tea. She turns her gaze to Sebastian and smiles at him. " Thank you for the tea! It was sweet and yummy! I love it!" She stands up, causing the Butler to stare at her.

" I am going to the kitchen to tell Baldy that the food was yummy! I will see you later!" Elaine waves goodbye. She turns around and begins to run toward the kitchen.

Sebastian amusingly chuckled. He grabbed the tray and placed it on the cart. He walked out of the gazebo, following Elaine to the kitchen since he had to get Ciel's tray.

Elaine entered the kitchen and smiled when she saw Baldroy mopping the floor. " Baldy! Baldy! Baldy!" She called out, causing the Cook to look at her.

" Hey, Young Lady Phantomhive. What did you think of the meatloaf and mashed potatoes with gravy?" Baldroy asked, looking curious.

" I love it! Very yummy!" Elaine responded.

Baldroy's gaze softened. " I'm glad you enjoy my cooking." He rubbed his nose, getting bashful.

Elaine spotted dirty dishes in the sink. " Do you need help?" She asked while looking at Baldroy with doe-like sapphire blue eyes.

Baldroy turns his gaze to the dirty dishes in the sink. He looked back at Elaine and was about to say something, but he stopped when he saw Sebastian give him a look.

" Ah! No need! I can do these all by myself. Thank you, though." Baldroy awkwardly smiled while scratching his cheek with his finger.

" Okay!" Elaine nodded. " Do you know where Big Sis is at?" She asked, wanting to play with Mey-Rin.

Baldroy glanced at Sebastian.

" Mey-Rin should be at the Library," Sebastian spoke, causing Elaine to turn and smile at him.

Elaine beamed, looking excited to see the renovated Library. " Okay! I am going to the Library to play with Big Sis if Ciel needs me!" She turns and runs out of the kitchen.

Sebastian nodded, watching Elaine leave. He looked away and turned his gaze to Baldroy. " Make sure the dishes get clean." He spoke while placing Elaine's tray in the sink.

" Yes, Sir!" Baldroy saluted.

Sebastian grabbed Ciel's tray and walked out of the kitchen. He entered the living room and stopped when he saw Elaine look at the Phantomhive portrait with a sad gaze.

" Papa. Mummy." Elaine whispered, but Sebastian heard her. " Why did you have to go?" She asked with a frown. " It has been two years since you left me behind." She looked at Vincent and Rachel.

" I thought Ciel and Edie also left me. But, only one return." Elaine murmured while looking at Ciel and Edie.

" But! But! I will try my best to continue being happy. Auntie Angela always tells me that Papa and Mummy love it when I am happy. So, I will continue to look at the whole world with sunshine and rainbow!" Elaine closed her sapphire-blue eyes and smiled at the Phantomhive portrait.

' My Little Lady. You keep surprising me. You do not have to be happy all the time, and yet here you are trying to be happy for the sake of your loved ones.' Sebastian internally speaks, watching Elaine run up the stairs and disappear to the East Wing.

Sebastian walked up the stairs and walked in the opposite direction to Ciel's bedroom. He reached the room and knocked on the door, hearing his Young Master telling him to get inside.

Sebastian opened the door and stepped inside. He looked forward and saw Ciel sitting on his desk, looking through various paperwork.

" My Lord," Sebastian calls out, putting the tray on top of the paperwork, causing Ciel to look at the Butler with an annoyed gaze.