Ch. 8 Sisterly Bonding

Elaine's gaze softened, and she yawned, getting tired. Sebastian and Mey-Rin looked at their Young Lady and smiled.

Mey-Rin gets up with Elaine in her embrace. " Young Lady Phantomhive and I must get going. You know where to find us if you or Young Master need us." She looks at Sebastian.

Sebastian nodded. He watched Mey-Rin walk out of the Library with Elaine in her embrace. His ruby-red eyes blinked when he saw his Young Lady look at him.

" Have the sweetest dreams, My Little Lady." Sebastian waved.

Elaine nodded and waved. " Night! Night!" She yawned and nuzzled her head against Mey-Rin's shoulder.

Sebastian saw Mey-Rin close the door and clap his hands, causing the Library to get dark. His ruby-red eyes glowed a Fuschia-colored. He placed his gloved right hand on his chest.

" I shall ensure no harm comes to you, My Little Lady. If someone dares to have you shed a tear, they shall regret it with their life." Sebastian smirked, and he disappeared into the darkness.

Mey-Rin took Elaine to her bedroom in the servants' wing, a hallway within the Phantomhive Manor where all the Phantomhive servants reside.

" And this is my bedroom where you and I will rest for the night." Mey-Rin opened the door.

Elaine looked at her surroundings and smiled

Elaine looked at her surroundings and smiled. " Pretty! Your room is so pretty!" She complimented.

" Thank you!" Mey-Rin blushes. She puts Elaine down so that she can walk around.

Elaine walked and stopped when she saw some portraits on the shelves and the wall. Her sapphire-blue eyes sparkled when she saw Mey-Rin in all the pictures. However, Elaine noticed that the older female looked very different. She saw that Mey-Rin had a hardened, saddened, glazed look in her Hazel-colored eyes.

" Is he your brother?" Elaine asked when she saw an older male standing next to Mey-Rin in the picture with a hand on her shoulder.

Mey-Rin turns her gaze to Elaine. Her Hazel-colored eyes dimmed underneath the glasses. Her friendly smile turned into a straight line when she saw her former boss, Haku. To this day, she still doesn't know why she has his picture.

" No. That man isn't my brother. He is someone that I used to know." Mey-Rin merely responded. " I am going to set us up a lovely warm bath!" Her attitude changed since she didn't want Elaine to start questioning her about her past.

" Okay!" Elaine nodded.

Mey-Rin and Elaine walked towards the bathroom, and they stepped inside. Elaine begins to take her clothes off while Mey-Rin sets up the bath.

" Lavender? Strawberry? Or Vanilla?" Mey-Rin asked while holding three bottles. " It's the smell of the bubbles." She responded to Elaine's unanswered question.

" Strawberry!" Elaine brightly smiled.

Mey-Rin nodded. She turned around and poured some Strawberry-scented liquid into the bathtub and saw the water turn pink and bubbles begin to form.

" It smells so yummy!" Elaine twirled and clapped her hands, looking excited to have a bath with Mey-Rin.

Mey-Rin finished setting up the bath. She takes off her clothes and helps Elaine into the bathtub. She sat against the tub with the young female sitting on her lap.

" Do you have siblings, Mey-Rin?" Elaine asked, feeling Mey-Rin pour warm water on her head.

Mey-Rin hummed. Her Hazel-colored eyes dimmed, seeing two young boys that looked to be the same age as Elaine fall from a high building to their deaths.

" I had two brothers," Mey-Rin whispered, but Elaine heard her. " Their names were Jan and Hao." She closed her Hazel-colored eyes. " I miss them every single day." Tears begin to fall.

Elaine frowned when she heard Mey-Rin breathe heavily and hiccup. She turned her head and saw the older female cry.

" You know. It's my fault that my brothers are gone." Mey-Rin opened her Hazel-colored eyes. " I wasn't strong enough to protect them!" Her eyes intently stared at Elaine's sapphire-blue eyes.

Elaine gets up and turns to face Mey-Rin. She puts her dainty hands on the older female's cheeks, causing the Maid to stare at her.

" You know, I thought it was my fault that my brothers were gone," Elaine whispered, but Mey-Rin heard her. " Every day, I wonder why they got taken from me." She frowned. " But, you know what my Auntie Angela would always tell me!" Her sapphire-blue eyes sparkled.

" My Auntie Angela would tell me every day that I am alive because my brothers want to ensure that my life gets filled with everlasting happiness and love instead of sorrows. And even though one return, I will always have an extra Guardian Angel looking after me and reminding me to keep moving forward and be happy!" Elaine closed her eyes and smiled.

Mey-Rin silently stared at Elaine.

' Despite my horrid time at Qing Bang, nothing horrible ever happened to me.' Mey-Rin internally speaks. ' And I may not be superstitious, but I cannot shake these feelings that Jan and Hao were the ones to help me escape and lead me to my new family.' She lightly bites her lips while looking at Elaine with mixed emotions.

" You are right. And even though I blame myself for what happened to my brothers. Knowing Jan and Hao, they would have wanted me to keep living and at least be happy with what I have in life so far. Thank you, Young Lady Phantomhive! I should start living as gratitude for my brothers keeping me alive." Mey-Rin hugs Elaine.

Elaine hugs Mey-Rin, feeling glad that she made her older sister happy.

Several minutes later, Elaine and Mey-Rin finished taking a bath. They got out of the bathtub and dried themselves. Mey-Rin unclogged the bathtub and escorted the younger female to the bedroom.

Mey-Rin helped Elaine get dressed, lending her an old nightgown and undergarments to the younger female. She combed Elaine's strawberry-blonde hair and smiled when she saw her Young Lady getting sleepy.

" Good night, Young Lady Phantomhive." Mey-Rin tucked Elaine, and she lay beside her.

" Night. Night." Elaine yawned and smiled at Mey-Rin. " Sweet dreams!" She snuggles against her big sister and falls asleep.

" Sweet dreams." Mey-Rin softly smiled and kissed Elaine's head. She turns the lights off, grabs the blankets, and pulls them on top of them. She closed her Hazel-colored eyes and fell asleep, feeling content not to have nightmares for once.