4

"Professor Merrythought," The Prefect said politely. He still has his arm wrapped about his waist, along with Draco's own arm winding around his. He practically draped off the Prefect, something he knew was not that common given the surprise and worry that the Professor gave them. The surprise was directed at the Prefect, and then the worry at him. He was not sure whether he should be insulted or not. It was obvious that the Prefect did not tend to allow others to touch him, so he should be grateful for such a fact, or should he be insulted that they instantly assumed the only reason he was being held somewhat by the Prefect was because something was wrong? Draco shoved that aside, there was something wrong, after all, and it would not do to get upset over people realizing that.

"And just who is this?" The Professor asked. Draco had no idea what they were the professor of, other than that he did not think that it was likely for them to be the transfiguration one. He was fairly sure that Dumbledore should be currently teaching that. Otherwise, he was pitifully unaware of what the teachers during his Grandfather's time taught, or who taught what. It was not considered important either way, though he would have liked to know the information at the moment. For no good reason, really, since he did not need to know, but it would have made him feel at least a little bit more comfortable knowing to what teacher he spoke to. He would find out soon enough anyways, so it did not matter, it was really just a thing of logistics truly.

"Refugee from Grindelwald, it would seem." the Prefect answered dutifully. The Professor startled, staring at him with wide eyes and a bit of worry, shock, and pity as well. He had no idea what house they were from, but it would be a severe discredit to the Slytherin code if that was where they hailed from. "He rushed to the carriages and happened upon us. I figured I would speak with Headmaster Dippet to give him the information, preferably sooner, rather than later." The Professor nodded, the chastisement that Draco was sure had been on the tip of her tongue now long forgotten. The Professor ushered them hastily inside and turned to the Prefect.

"I know you are aware of where the headmaster's office is. The password has not changed for the new term yet, so you can wait there whilst I go get him." Draco had to admit, she looked a bit frazzled. The Prefect, on the other hand, was picture perfect, punctuated with a slight bow and helped Draco move away from the crowd of people. Abraxas watched them leave, Draco was conscious of his eyes on their form as they slowly maneuvered towards the office of the headmaster. Draco closed his eyes, exhaling in slight relief as he felt the eyes leave him once they turned the corner.

"You are in the middle of transitioning," The words were spoken quietly, and yet they lacked the sort of panic or worry that was usually attributed towards it. Whoever this was truly was a credit to their house. Draco found himself liking the mystery boy. He was still wary of them, of course, but he found himself somewhat comforted in his presence, though how much of that was use of creature power and how much of that was something else, Draco did not want to know. "You are lucky that you found us, rather than the Gryffindors, or even Hufflepuffs. Neither would know what to do in such a situation, and it is unlikely that they would have had the forethought not to bring it up."

"I was not suspected to begin for another month," Draco insisted, slightly petulant.

"That merely makes the situation worse, I am sure you are aware of that." Draco grit his teeth but nodded. "You are burning up, and your temperature will likely continue to increase. If you are correct in your assumptions that you will be placed in Slytherin House, I can obtain a few potions for you to help your transition, otherwise I will insist that you are seen to the infirmary."

"Just keep Abraxas away from me and I will be fine," Draco huffed, more or less dragged up the stairwell to the Headmaster's office. He was surprised that it was still so much the same as it had been during his time. Of course, he had rarely been seen to the Office in the first place, and typically only because his father called for a meeting, usually including Severus in them as well.