13

The next day...nobody bothered Draco except Tom, of course. Orion and Walburga held back, and even Abraxas was somewhat wary. His results had come in that morning and he was...dare he say it...less than pleased. Everyone could tell just from the almost lethal feeling in the air. Draco's magic was weighted this morning, and even more so than usual. Abraxas knew that the transition was making his emotions more thick than they would be once he settled into the dragon side of him, but that could take a while, and Abraxas' own had only settled after another year or so. He could not even begin to think of how long that Draco's own could take. His father had only taken a couple of months. It was different for every individual Malfoy. It could take a day, a few days, a few weeks, a month, or even several years before Draco and his Dragon made some sort of peace or pact.

Tom was the only one who dared to even approach him in this state. More or less, approach that is. It was more accurate to say that Tom had stalked over, shoved Malfoy into a seat, and ripped the paper from his hands. One arm stayed on his shoulder, keeping him down, whilst the other held the paper up so that his eyes could scan the subject grades. "They graded you on every subject held at Hogwarts." Tom stated more than asked. The entire atmosphere of the Common Room was thick with tension. Everyone could not help but stare at Tom as he dared to do what none of them even had the courage or will to. Orion's eyes were practically bugging from their sockets. "Draco..." Tom's words were thick with disappointment. Abraxas winced. "You did not do badly on any of these, so what is this attitude about." Abraxas felt the breath he was holding in release. At least Draco did well in his studies. Abraxas would not be able to see just how well he did yet, but he was sure this information would be desired by his father. Draco muttered something under his breath. Tom narrowed his eyes. "Speak up." He ordered. Draco sighed.

"Divination." His words coming clearer now that they could reach the others in the room easily. Tom's eyes skittered down the paper and he raised a brow. "It isn't good enough." He huffed angrily.

"Draco," Tom stated, his words ensuring that there would be no mistake of what he wanted. "You got an E for last year's Divination, I am sure that with you getting an O of everything else one E is not going to be the end of the world." Abraxas felt his eyes pop out at that, unable to believe what he was hearing. This strange Malfoy was upset because he got an E in fifth year Divination? Was he being real or not? Abraxas knew it was real, though, the anger and upset in his magic could not necessarily be faked, after all. The other did better on his Owls than Abraxas himself did, something he knew others were beginning to note and side eyeing him. Abraxas had not done bad on his Owls, by any means, but he had not gotten all Outstandings barring one class, and even then Draco was tested on all subjects offered at Hogwarts, presumably so that he would be able to choose his extra curricular classes. Furthermore it was Divination, most students did badly at divination, and the few that did not were rare, and almost certainly did not get Es a majority of the time.

"I just..." Tom backhanded Draco with such speed and force that nobody saw it coming. Draco curled himself further into the seat as Tom leaned over him, his own magic getting thick and dark.

"Do not...finish that sentence," Draco stared up at him with fear and...something else. A nod swiftly was accompanying Tom's words. Satisfied, Tom pulled back. "What do you want for you classes." Draco curled up in the seat, still shivering, a hand going to cover the blossoming red mark on his cheek.

"Potions, however, I am uncertain as to other classes, given I do not truly expect to live more than a few years after Hogwarts, presuming I am lucky." Draco sighed out, the words barely reaching Abraxas. He felt himself startled at that. The words were stated in such a matter of fact way that he found himself, despite his position, worried over Draco's health and sanity.

"I am giving you the same schedule as myself, then," Tom stated. Draco merely sighed, but nodded, not having the will, or desire to argue back with Tom. Tom let the sheet fall to the floor, someone hastily moving in to pick it up and examine it for themselves, as he moved onto the second sheaf of paper. It did not take long with Tom checking boxes with an assured hand and quill, before he folded the paper, and pulled Draco to a standing position. "We will give it to Dippet ourselves." Draco nodded silently at Tom's words once again. "Come," As though beckoning a dog or cat, Tom turned, and walked confidently through the Common Room. Draco reluctantly followed.

Orion watched along with seemingly everyone else as Draco and Tom disappeared from the Common room before moving forwards and stepping up besides the individual that had taken the paper as Tom dropped it and held out his hand. A trembling one gave it to Orion without argument or complaint. Everyone knew not to cross a Black, after all. Orion folded the paper as he walked to Abraxas. "Here, I would bet your father would like to see this." Abraxas sighed, but knew without a shadow of a doubt that he would.

"Come with me to the owlery," He sighed out.

"What do you think Tom is going to do with Malfoy?" Walburga asked curiously as they made the trek to the owlery.

"I do not know," Orion sighed out. "Whatever it is, we will have to be careful."

"What are you talking about." Abraxas ground out.

"Draco...we suspect he is Tom's soulmate." The words floored Abraxas, stopping him in his tracks, causing Walburga and Orion to almost crash into him.

"What?"