14

"And what is it," Abraxas questioned slowly. "That gives you that impression?" The words were low, careful, and said in a way only a pureblood could. Soft yet intimidating all the same. Truly it was enough to make most flinch, or back up, at the sound of it. Walburga and Orion, however, used to such acts, were standing steadfast, merely gazing at Abraxas with a neutral expression. Abraxas was still reeling, trying to figure out what the hell was truly going on. He had not expected...that information had definitely not been something that Abraxas had expected to get out. The fact that they could say it meant that they had some form of proof. Nobody would speak about Tom without some degree of proof, and speaking about his soulmate? That was something else entirely, and definitely would need to be carefully addressed. Tom was not one to enjoy nosy people pilfering about business that they had no reason to be in. Soulmates were a rather delicate subject, after all.

"When have you seen Tom so taken with anyone? Even his allies? He has been, overly lenient with Draco since he showed up, and we both know that is unusual. Not to mention he willingly allowed himself to sit out of classes, meetings, and other important things of note just to help him through his transition the last several days." Walburga started as they continued to walk quickly through the halls, her words soft as though it was meant to be secret, and in a way it was. They did not want Tom knowing that they were talking about this. It could spell trouble for all of them, if they were lucky. Orion and Walburga were of the correct opinion that if Tom found out about this, they would definitely not be lucky.

"Not to mention..." Orion spoke up. "That he is incredibly protective over him. He slapped Draco today, for being overdramatic, can you even begin to imagine what he would do to someone else who did that?" Abraxas shuddered at the thought of Orion's words. No, he definitely did not want to imagine what Tom would do to someone else if they laid hands on Draco. Just the thought of it left chills rolling down his spine. He had noticed that Tom was unusually protective and possessive over the newest Malfoy, but those thoughts had not really laid to rest in his mind as he had so many other things to deal with, including talking back and forth with his father about what was going on. It was a lot to processes, and his father's constant requests for more information were not easily satiated. Abraxas knew that there was quite a few different things that would and could go wrong, but for now, he was just trying to keep the other from walking into the school and demanding answers himself. That would not go well, not with Tom, and Abraxas had a feeling not with Draco either.

"Either way, no matter what Tom is to Draco, or vice versa, we need to be careful. This adds an unprecedented situation." Walburga stated matter of factly. The other two had to admit that she was correct in many different ways. This year was going to be...complicated at best, and downright disastrously complicated at worst. "Tom has never shown interest in anyone before." She said in a hushed voice, even more so than what they were using before. They had finally reached the owlrey, Abraxas sighed.

"This is going to be more and more difficult as time goes on." Abraxas said quietly. He turned to face his friends. "If Tom is indeed interested in Draco, soulmate or otherwise, it means we will have to tread quite carefully. Tom can be horrifically obsessive, and we all know how he gets when he is angry. Keep an eye on Draco...an intense one, and we shall also be forced to keep an eye on Tom as well. Try not to let him know...I know he will be angry if he finds out I suggested this." Walburga nodded thoughtfully, Orion slapped his arm, agreeing wordlessly as well. They would all have to be careful this year. Abraxas had a bad feeling about it before, and now it was merely growing and growing.

"Go, send your father the results, we will wait for you." Orion said, gently shoving Abraxas towards the stairs. They both watched as he ascended, leaving to send the letter fully. Orion sighed, allowing himself a momentary weakness and raked his fingers through his hair. "This is going to be very complicated. If nothing more, we know Tom is severely obsessed with Draco, already. What is annoying is...we don't have any information on the other."

"Outside of his being obviously tortured..." Walburga supplied helpfully. Orion rolled his eyes, exasperated.

"Yes, aside from that." He huffed. "The point is, outside knowing he clearly is akin to a genius, and is talented in magic-obviously-and him being tortured, we know next to nothing about him. Obviously he is a malfoy, his transition, beyond anything, ruled out every single doubt that could possibly be going around about it."

"We will also have to be careful around him...." Walburga stated softly. "After all, he is a Dragon breed, and we all know how Dragons fair among those they care little for." Orion shuddered. They would need to get into the young Malfoy's good graces, and immediately. It would be...both easier and harder since they were Tom's friends-or about as close as Tom came to friends in the first place. Abraxas came back down from the Owlrey soon after that, leaving the two to become silent once more, turning along with Abraxas, and walking back towards the Slytherin Dorms.

"Tom put Draco in all his courses," The sentence came as they were passing the Great Hall and going towards the cellar corridors. Abraxas spoke it, as though something about it left him anxious. That anxiety spread to the two behind him as he stopped speaking once more. the implications of that...were almost more than what they could take. It would seem that it was not just that Tom was interested...but it was hard to even conceive, Tom becoming so wholly obsessed with a person within moments. Abraxas truly did not know what to do, or what they should do, with this. They just knew...they would have to be careful. Tom was dangerous in general, it would be doubly so with someone he was obsessed with.