7

"He is running extremely hot." Walburga hissed as they had to grab onto the sleeves of Draco's robes to avoid getting burned from how much of a fever he was running. "I think he may be in the middle of a transition." She continued. "It would make sense then, why he seemed to avoid letting Abraxas touch him, and why He did not want Abraxas to help the boy to the common rooms." Orion nodded absently. Everyone knew that two dragon inheritances being near each other during the time of the transformation was simply chaos in the making. It helped that most Malfoy family lines only sired one child, but on the off chance that there were two, this was a well known fact. Dragons tended to be highly wary and dangerous creatures by nature. The inheritance of the Malfoy line was never easy to come into, and many had died previously from it, dwindling the already thin lines further.

"I just can't believe he managed to stay so composed in the middle of a transition." Orion muttered under his breath. Walburga hummed out her agreement. Abraxas had not been nearly as composed as this boy had. In fact, Abraxas had almost destroyed an entire wing of the mansion once he had come into his own, and he had barely managed to survive. The fever had been close to what Draconis was suffering now, and beyond that Dragons are known territorial defenders. It was surprising that Draco had not lost his mind to the fever already. Abraxas had done so and had to be contained. Even now, while it was obvious that he was unable to really filter through their words, it was not entirely lost.

"I think perhaps our Lord's inheritance is helping Draconis' own." Walburga spoke in a hushed whisper as they waited for the Malfoy Heir and the Slytherin Prince to return. They did not know how long it would be, but likely not much longer. "I suppose something may be going on else wise though...Everyone knows that Dragons and Snakes hold a sort of...affinity for each other. It is why Our Lord and Abraxas get along so well, after all." Orion nodded but he was not entirely convinced. Even Riddle did not allow Abraxas to roll his head onto his shoulder for an undetermined amount of time. It is possible that Riddle was having some form of mercy considering the situation, but he was also not exactly known for his mercy.

"I am not sure, there is something more to it." Orion disagreed. "Our Lord is not exactly known for his mercy, or kindness, or willingness to help. Even though Dragon and Snakes get along, which is better than Snakes and Dragons trying to get along with Lions like bloody Potter, that only has a certain level of limitations. You were there when Abraxas went into his inheritance, and Riddle was too. He never let Abraxas lean against him. In fact, when Abraxas made the mistake of trying, Riddle threw him off. He did not do that with Draconis." Walburga hummed, nodding in silence at Orion's response.

"You think that there is a deeper connection with him and this boy?" Orion nodded. "Like..." Walburga's eyes widened as she inhaled sharply. "You think he could have finally found..." Orion pressed his hands against her mouth to shut her up swiftly. Such information did not need to be spoken aloud, that only increased the danger of who knew and who did not.

"Hush," He hissed. "I do not know anything for certain, and beyond that should he get a hold that we are wondering on him like this it would not spell good for either of us. We do not know much other than the fact that the boy is in transition, is a Malfoy and therefore obtaining a Dragon Inheritance, and that Riddle has allowed him to lean upon him for aid. He even steadied him when we got out of the corridor. Yet, that does not necessarily mean that the two are...that...it could be something else. It would not due to have rumor floating about do you not agree?" Walburga sighed, but nodded reluctantly. She wished to speak more on this topic, but also knew that it was useless to do so.

"Either way, things will sort themselves out the way they are supposed to." Walburga swiftly replied. Orion nodded. He knew that. Fates had an odd way of ensuring those who do have soulmates stick together, whether for good or for worse. He did not know why, how, or for what reason, but the magic between soulmates was mysterious and it was incredibly ancient-before the Founder's time even-so it was hard to say what would happen, but one thing was sure...the two were destined for each other. That is...if they truly were soulmates.

"My Lord!" Walburga perked up instantly, and Orion sighed. That meant that Riddle was back, likely with the Heir Malfoy as well. Turning on his heel to face them as they entered the common room, he notices that the Heir looked rather miffed and upset, but otherwise dignified. Orion would guess that they had a little...conversation regarding the newest addition to the Malfoy name, but from the looks of it Abraxas did not do something stupid like questioning Tom at all. He had gotten lucky, from what he saw, with Tom earlier. Had the boy not interfered thing would have gone undoubtedly downhill for the young Pureblood. There was no pain in his movements, no pinch in his eyes or face, so Tom likely had not tortured him or coerced him into doing what he wanted through some form of pain or something or another. "Welcome back!" Tom gave her a slight smile, before turning his eyes towards the boy.

Draco was laying on one of the comfier armchairs, Orion's insistence, and his eyes were clearly out of focus. Tom moved forwards swiftly, humming slightly under his breath as he did so. He walked over to the young boy, placing a hand on his shoulder that had the Malfoy boy flinching away from him, at least until his eyes cleared somewhat. Then, wary caution and a small degree of fear filled the boy's eyes but otherwise, he did not move away. Orion felt that was a good thing. Tom would get irate if such things continued.

"My Lord," The boy said softly, his words quietly spoken.

"I am going to get the potions I promised to you, stay here." Turning to Orion and Walburga he gave another set of orders. "Keep everyone away from him whilst I am upstairs."