6

Draco may or may not be slightly panicking, in his head, of course, not on his face. That would merely shame his capabilities. Whilst granted, he had let his guard down slightly in front of the other Slytherin Heirs, that was necessary. Abraxas would see through anything he tried to give in moments, and Slytherins were untrusting in nature. He would know. It was dangerous to trust anyone, particularly in these times, and Slytherins were not easily trusting in the first place. Trying to hide things was bound to backfire on him, so he had to play up a little bit. It had not been overly difficult considering he had been in a state of hightened anxiety, panic, terror, and disassociation of varying levels for the last year and some odd months. That did not even begin to cover the time displacement issues that he was dealing with on top of everything else. So, he felt as though it was acceptable if his mask got a slight break to some extent whislt talking to extremely powerful and well trained pureblood Slytherins. It did cause them not to believe his ability to go into Slytherin, however, which Draco felt slighted about still.

Of course, however, he just had to run into the sane version of his mate within moments of landing in a different time, because whilst the Fates may have given him some mercy they were still absolute assholes. He had to say, he was rather annoyed at that fact. They had sent him here, in a different time, only to practically instantly throw him straight into the Dark Lord's arms. The very same lord he had just been panicked about being in the mere presence of, whose same presence now seemed to be the only thing he managed to cling onto. Perhaps it was because it was one of the few things that was similar, and helpful in the midst of his transition, perhaps it was something else, Draco did not know and he really did not want to know either. He also had other issues to panic over as well.

Like his magic. He knew that after one went through their inheritance their magic became stronger, he was not entirely uneducated, the problem was that he HADN'T gone through his inheritance yet, at least not entirely. Being around Abraxas in an enclosed space had certainly not helped matters but he would hazard a guess that he still was not even half way through. Tomorrow would hold the worst of things, which was not exactly ideal considering that tomorrow he had a ton of tests to do to attempt to prove that he was more than capable of going into the sixth years with everyone else. Which meant he had to take all of his Newts. It was lucky for him that he had already been tested, and studied for them, but a few months ago but that also posed several problems on their own.

Then there was the fact that Abraxas Malfoy, and all of the Pureblood heirs in Slytherin and non Slytherin alike, stared at him as his name was called forwards. He could feel the shock and slight malice coming in waves from the current Heir of Malfoy, and Draco knew that he would have to be incredibly careful. He almost wished that he would have been born with the Black surrname, It would be eaiser to claim to be of a mistress of something then, but Malfoys rarely took mistresses, and if they did it was only ever one or two, and any children that came from those mistresses were highly lauded, especially if they were male. The Blacks were just a little bit more...liberal...with their taking of mistresses. He did not even know how he was going to throw off the inevitable questions.

Draco whirled on the stool, not showing a hint of nerves as the Hat immediately declared him a Slytherin within scarcely touching his head, the same as it had done before. Draco huffed, pleased on this, and stood, brushing his robes straight either way, and walking briskly towards the Slytherin table. The Prefect stood, meeting Draco about halfway to the table, leaving Draco slightly stiff as the Furture Dark Lord wrapped his arm around his waist and pulled him effortlessly towards the center of the Slytherin table, placing him directly at his left. Despite the nerves that Draco was still feeling coiling through his body, he could not help but let his head lol towards the Prefect, allowing himself the indignity of tucking his head into the Prefect's neck. He was aware of the eyes of Professors, Purebloods, the entire Hogwarts dining hall, on them but he really did not have the energy, or the ability to care at the moment. His body was shivering, and yet he knew that he was burning up.

He really had no energy for this anymore. He just wanted to go back to the common room, and sleep. His energy was swiftly draining from him like a sieve. the Future Dark Lord, for his regard, did not shove him off, but nor did he really acknowledge his existence. Draco, however, did not care, as his eyes slowly drifted shut.

He woke some odd amount of time later with a jolt, his head sliding off the Prefect's shoulder as his personal air conditioner moved. He almost outwardly groaned from the sudden rush of heat that seemed to encompass his entire body. His vision at the very least took a deep dive into blurry town, leaving him unable to really see anythig, shutting his eyes tightly as he tried to force his body into some semblance of workable...anything. Tom glanced back at him, and sighed heavily.

"Abraxas, take our friend to the Common Room, and please try and make sure that he does not pass out before getting there. I expect him to be entirely unharmed, and untouched, when I return..." Tom paused, thinking about what Draco had said. He still did not understand much of Creature Inheritances, but if what Draco had said was true, well he certainly did not want to risk making this worse. "Actually, on second thought, Walburga, why don't you do that for me, Abraxas come with me," The Malfoy heir grit his teeth, but knew better than to try and go against him. "Orion, please help Walburga," The Heir gave a slight bow, and each of them took one arm under the newest addition, brows furrowing as they realized just how badly he was burning.

"Tom, are you sure that it is..."

"I don't believe I asked your opinion, Orion," Tom stated, his words soft and threatening.

"No, you did not,"

"Well, then, fancy that. Do as I tell you. I have other tings to attend to at the moment. Ensure that none speak to him, come close to him, or touch him, magically or otherwise. I will find out, and consequences will be given to those who disobey." Orion stared at Tom, but bowed in agreement nonetheless. He was not sure what some wayward Malfoy seemed to be to Tom, but he was not going to get on the bad side of anyone whom Tom had some sort of use for, clearly a higher regard for as well, considering the people that he was sending to practically guard him.