11

Tom helped haul Draco into one of the infirmary beds. He pulled a chair close with a simple accio charm and sat besides him. The Nurse stared at him meaningfully, but he did not need her stare to decide to question Draco on further details, as he was most certainly going to do so. Draco, it would seem, had not been as forthcoming with information as they had been led to believe, which whilst all of them had gathered, was more unnerving to realize just how much information had been able to sideline their attentions. They had been so focused on the transition that they had failed to really question the original point of the story. If Draco had been captured, why would he have not been tortured, at least to some degree. He had merely said that worse performing ones were taken to a separate room, and he did not know what happened to them, but that was not exactly stating that he himself never went through anything akin to torture, merely that there were some that were treated worse than he was.

Tom should have questioned the other more, though in his defense there had not really been any time to do so. In fact from beginning to end their time with the little Malfoy boy had been rife with continued hectic chaos. It was something Tom could appreciate, typically. He was glad that there was a bit of an adrenaline rush in their first few days at Hogwarts. His being excused from classes was merely an added bonus. Tom knew it would anger Dumbledore, which really just made the whole thing so much sweeter. He was not sure how the Malfoy would react to having to wait for his tests, though he had not seemed to have any particularly negative reaction, Tom knew that he could not judge that yet. Draco was constantly in and out of stable coherence.

"Hey," Tom muttered softly, watching carefully as Draco's eyes drifted to him, still slightly glazed over. He could sense the heat from the other's skin, and touching him with his fingertips when he brushed some of the hair from his eyes was like burning his fingers with a flame. It was slightly amazing that he was not burning from the inside out, though Tom supposed that was probably part of what made Dragon transitions so dangerous. He had been lucky, he supposed, in comparison. After all, it was so much easier to heat yourself up than to cool yourself off, particularly with modern tech, and wizarding spells. A cooling spell did little to aid when the person using it had a fever well above the muggle average. Heating spells, however, were far more effective than cooling spells. "You have been withholding a bit of information from us." Draco huffed, rolling his head to the other side to avoid looking at him.

"Didn't withhold anything...just wasn't entirely truthful about the whole situation," Was the response Tom got from the Malfoy boy. He couldn't help but scoff slightly. Of course a Malfoy would respond like that, but when it came down to it, Tom knew that he would have said the same thing. Truthfully, it was quite lucky that he had dragged the boy to the nurse when he could, as tomorrow things would be far too late. Tom, as a Prefect, did not want to have to worry about their reputation being on the line because Draco had bombed his tests when he was mid way through a transition. Though as a Malfoy, Tom doubted that the other would do necessarily horribly, but the possibility of fainting was still quite prevalent, and not something he wanted to worry about. If the boy had fainted halfway through the tests, who knew what could have happened. Particularly in reference to his scores.

"I suppose in some sense you are right, but even still, I would have appreciated to have known that you were tortured."

"Was not...tortured. As I said." Draco growled, his eyes glowing amber. Tom paused, backtracking slightly. It was dangerous enough being around someone in a transition, Tom had to remember most of what was going on was causing the other great grief and upset, especially since his transition was far earlier than was normal for him. At the same time, he could not really risk agitating or angering the boy whilst he was in this state. Any other state, yes, and Tom fully intended to press and observe everything about the boy to get to understand them better. One could not truly use a person when they had no idea how they would act after all.

"We will have to talk about this later." Tom muttered. Words were clearly too tough for the Malfoy to keep a conversation, though Tom definitely appreciated the attempt, he did not want to incur the wrath of the Malfoys so quickly. A Malfoy was a unique creature, in Tom's mind. They were all definitely fascinating, and Tom would most definitely enjoy watching this one to see what happens.

After all, they were all so different, and yet at the core most values were the same, and fundimentally....well they all had a bit of similarity. From what Tom had noted regarding Abraxas and his father. Granted, Tom had not met the older Malfoy for very long. He supposed that there was always more information that he was likely missing, but the Malfoy family was definitely interesting. The Blacks were curious a family, but it was just...it was just not the same. The two families, so similar and yet so different at the same time. 

"Whatever," Draco muttered in reply. Tom closed his eyes trying to calm himself. He had to remind himself not to get angry at the boy. After all, this was a new situation for all of them, and if Draco wished him banished from his sight, Tom had no illusions that the Nurse was likely to do that. 

"Rest," tom muttered softly, letting his voice drop into that hypnotic like quality he often used with the Orphan kids, even before he had known he was a wizard. Draco's brows furrowed, but his eyes fluttered shut obediently.