[1]

The captain stared down to his crew menacingly. He had given the crew of the SS. ARK a name, a title, to the public. A title that would cause one to shiver in fear; The Ark.

The crew had become well-known across America, Engius aswell as Mötralia and Möbard for their theft and massacres accross the years. That came at a price however, the sheer coldness of their captain. He expected the best and only the best. Anyone out of line would pay a tremendous fee, no matter if they were a man or woman.

"You have failed!" He shouted to the crew "The navy could be anywhere near us at this very moment, awaiting our arrival." He growled "You have allowed yourselves slack and now you shall pay!" He growled "Capt'n!" A familiar voice rang "It wasn't our fault. Sonic 'ere thought it'd be funny' take' mick." Rouge explained "Quiet Rouge! You are all a team. You work together. You do NOT blame one another. It is each and everyone's responsibility to look out for one another."

"You're punishin' the lot of us because you don't wanna upset Sonic." Silver rolled his eyes "You's may be 'ogether but if 'e's in' wrong punish 'im." "Silver. I feel I must inform you no matter the relation I have with any of you, you will be punished accordingly and together if it was a slip up from all of you." The captain growled "And also, Silver, I would like to see you in my office. I am having trouble planning our course." "Yes Capt'n." Silver nodded, quickly following the now distant ebony hedgehog.

"Ain't 'e got 'is tie in a knot 'oday." Amy rolled her eyes. Sonic chuckled. "No he's always moody. Infact, I dare say he is in an even better mood than yesterday!" "Why do ya always talk in such a fake accent?" Amy asked the very bored hedgehog "It isn't fake, as I have told you before, I was not born in the same area as most of you." "Ya sound even posher than ol' Capt'n Mad'ead." She cackled

"Amy? We 'ave work 'o do." Rouge called "Commin'!" Amy called as she turned back to Sonic "See ya!" She smiled before running to the very moody bat.

Sonic didn't have much to do. He was basically a fine porcelain statue to Shadow, always keeping him away from dangers aswell as missions - unless Sonic managed to sneak out. He often just stayed in Shadow's office and helped with setting courses, planning missions or even just sitting there and watching Shadow do his job. It wasn't a very 'lively' life but it was far better than the life he was born into, despite the fact he wasn't fond of water in the slightest.

Sonic decided it would be best to go indoors, the clouds were looking very gray. His bandana wasn't the comfiest to wear when it was soaked, neither was his jacket not even mentioning the fact his shirt becomes translucent - Scourge often gave him weird looks upon finding him soaked.

Sonic trudged into Shadow's office, showing no regard for the door as he roughly flung it open. Shadow glared the hedgehog down as he sat on the drawers by the left wall. "Can't you see me and Silver are occupied with work?" He stated "But I'm bored and I'm certain it will rain soon." "Go occupy yourself." Shadow shrugged him off "To say we have more money than the king of Möbin we do not use it. I would prefer to return to port late at night, bare our disguises and purchase things to occupy ourselves with such as cards." "We can't we have already began sailing towards Möbico."

"We can delay ourselves a day." Sonic layed on the drawer, knocking off a globe. Shadow wasn't amused in the slightest. "You can pick that up. To say you have such a well-off background, your manners and posture lack any respect." "I apologise for wanting to rest." Sonic rolled his eyes as he got up and picked the globe up before setting it back in place upon the drawer. "If you are tired sleep in your chambers." Shadow rolled his eyes "Sonic, I would listen t' Capt'n. We're busy at the mom'nt." Silver stepped in with his polite smile.

"Aight." Sonic grumbled, mimicking Silver's Möbshire accent, trudging off to his 'chambers'; an empty room with a bed and wardrobe full of his clothes and the odd few disguises he had gathered for going out in public - not as thrilling as his past room.

His past room was filled with eggshell walls with white and gold accents aswell as a bed bigger than his current chambers, decorated with the finest gold and hand crafted with the highest quality of wood. He had many dressers filled with clothes, not his comfortable ones however, the thrilly, blue ones that were uncomfortably tight, the thrilly, blue ones he was forced to wear make up with, the thrilly, blue ones he had no fondness of.

Though he may complain, the SS. ARK was the best thing to ever happen to him. His new found freedoms and the fact nobody knew him, unless he told them, was a blessing. His troubles couldn't follow him and he was untraceable. No one could tell him how to live.

He actually like this 'roughean' lifestyle. The only downside was how protective Shadow was. His reasoning was due to how people believed he was his 'weakness', which he definitely was, and how people could take him and use him as bait or, even worse, they could just kill him in cold blood. Sonic didn't care that much to be honest. Shadow was very swift to act and so even if Sonic was threatened, Shadow would probably save him or Sonic would chat the ears off his captors.

Sonic groaned as he fell onto his bed, taking off his boots and throwing the cover over himself, it was early morning and he hadn't slept all night due to their 'mission' and felt no energy to get up, look for his pajamas, get dressed and climb back into bed.