[19]

The lapiz hedgehog stretched as he got out of the carriage, Shadow lightly pushing him out of his way as he blocked the carriage exit. Sonic grabbed Shadow's sleeve to prevent himself from falling, Shadow subsequently dragging Sonic along with him.

Once everyone had left their respective carriages, the group took a stroll. It soon became obvious that everyone was staring at Sonic and Shadow however. Shadow brushed this off rather easily - in Sonic's eyes atleast.

Although Sonic couldn't exactly blame people for staring; he had ran away years ago, suspected to have been kidnapped by a pirate tyrant. Now, he was walking around Robotropolis like he would have years ago, but his supposed kidnapper was accompanying him and was due to marry him. He was probably pitied for some form of Stockholm Syndrome, despite the fact Sonic had fallen in love with Shadow a few months before escaping.

Sonic grabbed Shadow's hand, squeezing it tightly to reassured himself somewhat. Shadow, of course, noticed and squeezed Sonic's hand in response, looking around the semi-bustling streets. "Haven't been here in awhile." Shadow laughed in attempts to brighten Sonic's mood. It helped slightly.

The rest of the group payed Sonic and Shadow's conversation no heed - everyone except Mephiles atleast. Sonic had noticed some form of tension between Shadow and Mephiles as he walked into the room for breakfast. He noticed they look similiar, now looking at them both at the same time they were seemingly doubles of one another with discolouration. Mephiles was keeping a watchful eye on Shadow, the two glaring at one another.

"You know him?" Sonic whispered, putting a hand to the side of his mouth so Mephiles wouldn't be able to hear him or lip read what he's saying. Shadow didn't respond, instead opting to look around the town. He was clearly angry, refusing to even look at Mephiles or acknowledge him. There was clearly some history there, and Sonic wanted to know every detail.

__________________________________

Whilst eating in a nearby restaurant, suggested by Sonia, - Shadow had suggested a good tavern however the reminder of his new status was enough to make him withdraw his suggestion - Shadow and Sonic devised a plan through hushed whispers.

"What are you two whispering about?" Mephiles sneered, glaring at Shadow. "Private matters that have no regards to you." Shadow plainly replied, the hostility in his tone very apparent. The table fell silent as everyone watched in silence, awaiting Mephiles' response in both dread and excitement, that was until Silver stood up. He gave Mephiles an angry glare, the male choosing to look down at the table. Silver huffed, reprimanding Mephiles for a moment.

Manic and Scourge tended to stay to themselves throughout the meal, meaning Silver was the only one that could help them out. After a few moments, both Sonic and Shadow stood up. Sonic quickly excused both him and Shadow, making up an excuse to please Sonia when she asked what the two were doing. Sonic also have Silver a look, one he understood quite well; 'distract them'