[22.5]

We're getting a Silver chapter. You can rejoice knowing I do not despise silvy boy!!!!!!

________________________________

The ivory hedgehog took a shaky breath and glanced around the halls. He was aware Shadow and Sonic were in the library - Sonic had alerted him of it a few minutes prior to him going. It was almost as if tye lapiz hedgehog knew what Silver was doing behind his crew's back.

He couldn't turn off how he felt about Mephiles no matter the situation. He also couldn't abandon his crew for it. Maybe, he could figure out Mephiles intentions? Maybe even become allies with his crew? Mephiles seemed interested enough - too interested to throw it all away without any regard.

He and Mephiles had arranged to meet up in the East Wing and find their way to either of the two's room to avoid detection in eachothers company - Scourge, though not very loyal, would alert Shadow if he saw anything. That was something Silver needed to avoid.

Silver waited in the hall, busying himself as to not appear suspicious to servants and guards. A female guard passed by, giving Silver a wave. She seemd to be a squirrel, long raid hair tied back into a ponytail with blue eyes. Silver waved back with a smile almost matching the woman's. "Morning!" He greeted. The guard nodded, hurrying on to whatever duties she needed to carry out.

After what felt like three annerving hours, Mephiles walked down the hall. He smiled at Silver slightly, nodding his head as a hello. Silver smiled back. They never dared to exchange a word in the open incase anyone overheard them. Mephiles quickly gestured with a hand for the ivory hedgehog to follow. Silver understood the gesture clearly; 'my room'. He nodded in response, telling the other he understood.

Silver walked thurther ahead than Mephiles, about six metres between the two (Social distancingggggg) as to try avoid suspicion. It was soon after that Sonic's voice was heard. The ivory hedgehog gave Mephiles a nervous glance. Mephiles looked down the hallway for a moment before hiding behind a corner, ushering Silver forward.

The couple eventually came into view. Shadow seemed to pay Silver no heed, but Sonic and Silver locked eyes. Silver felt the panic over come him as he approached Mephiles' door. Not knowing what to do, Silver waved, glancing back to ensure Mephiles was out of view. Sonic clearly knew what was happening however, giving Silver a thumbs up and winking at him before beginning to talk to Shadow. Silver and Mephiles immediatley ran into the older of the two's room.

Silver immediatley sat on the bed, sighing in relief. "These meet ups are becomming harder to hide." He pointed out. Mephiles nodded, swiftly closing and locking the door to ensure no one could walk in and discover Silver and Mephiles without Silver having the ability to hide somewhere first atleast.

Mephiles nodded "Shadow is getting suspicious." He added, glancing at the door as though Shadow would burst through at that moment. "Did he ever tell you of our past involvements?" Mephiles asked, turning back to Silver.

Silver thought for a moment. Should he play dumb? He had no idea what the other was planning and didn't want to put the crew at risk just because he wanted to hopelessly chase Mephiles. Would playing dumb even change the outcome of the situation? Maybe he wanted to help?

After a while, Silver shook his head slowly. "Not what I can remember." He replied. Mephiles just snickered "Of course he wouldn't." He grinned, almost manically. Silver felt a shiver down his spine as he etched across the bed away from the other, a nervous laugh escaping his lips as he noticed Mephiles drew closer. "He is actually." He paused and sat down next to Silver, ensuring the poor hedgehog had nowhere to get away as he placed a hand on his thigh and roughly pushed it down. "My brother." He whispered.

Silver nodded, his panic making him forget to act shock. He hummed along, trying to pry Mephiles' hand off of his thigh without his detection. Mephiles clearly noticed and put more weight down onto the poor hedgehog's thigh. "Mephiles..." Silver mumbled, at a loss for words as he over viewed his situation.

He had no idea what Mephiles would do and he had no idea how he could get out of it. He was trapped between Mephiles and his bed post with a hand keeping his thigh in place. Mephiles hummed, still smirking - a smirk resembling the one Shadow often had planted on his muzzle when he knew he was at an advantage, like how Mephiles had the advantage now.

"He hates me." He explained, drawing closer. Silver shuffled into the bedframe thurther, laughing awkwardly as he tried to pry Mephiles' hand from his thigh, not caring if the other noticed at that moment. His trust was dwindling very quickly and a sense of panic was bubbling in his stomach, evolving into a sick feeling as the moments went by.

"I have my own crew." He whispered, putting his mouth close to Silver's ear, making him shiver. "You'll have to choose." The older of the two warned. Silver looked to Mephiles in fear. "W-what do you mean?" Sikver asked, finally prying Mephiles' hand from his thigh and jumping up. Mephiles stayed sat on the bed and leant over, resting his head on his hand.

"I saw you on his boat." Mephiles smirked. "If I'd have gotten a close up of you before your boat sank, I dare say I'd have staged an alliance just to be with you." Silver's ears perked. "Staged?" Mephiles shrugged "If we did court, I would of course have to allie with Shadow - although I'd have to work out our... 'issues'." He mumbled, acting as though it wasn't much of a big deal. Silver gasped. Maybe he could create an alliance between the two.

"If we do court.... could you try create an alliance?" Silver asked reluctantly looking at Mephiles. Mephiles smirked, adjusting his sitting position and beckoning Silver to sit next to him.