[9]

Sonic's eyes widened at the news. Each marriage proposition was accepted. Had his mother bribed them? He didn't know. Whatever Sonia was planning could ensue now however.

"How wonderful!" Sonia clapped her hands "I know my suitor will provide the finest heirs!" She grinned, her mother patting her on the head. "I'm glad this little outburst of yours is sorted now, you will make a fitting queen." She glared over at Sonic, as if comparing him to his sister. "As will Manic."

"What about Sonic?" Manic piped up, his golden eyes staring his mother down. "Sonic is barely fit for a servant." She hissed, each word laced with resent and poison. "You suitors shall arrive within the week. Sonic's is rather... close." She muttered before walking out.

The three waited until they were sure no one was around. "Thank Chaos!" Sonia whispered "My plan shall go swimmingly!" She chuckled "My suitor looks exactly like Shadow - just blue - so we can break Shadow out, dress him up and all walk out as if going for a stroll. You two can then run away to wherever you so wish - just please do write this time." Sonic nodded, seemingly ignoring the fact he would need to add a return adress. "I will tell Shadow! A guard has granted me access to see him so long as my mother and other guards do not know."

___________________________________

Shadow huffed. He didn't know how long he had been in that forsaken cell, but he needed sunlight. His quills were messy and his fur was ragged. He felt like the lone, filthy drunk you'd find outside of a tavern.

He suddenly heard someone enter, a guard. He couldn't see who was with guard, the wall to his left obscured that. "Do be careful your majesty, he is quite vicious." The guard said, leaving quickly.

"Which of you is it this time?" Shadow scowled, the Queen was predominantly annoying, asking where his crew were and who they were and threatening to behead him upon being met with an unmoving, deadpan glare. What he assumed to be Sonic's brother had also 'visited' Shadow.

The green hedgehog had shared some very strong opinions and snarky remarks much like his brother often did. He could tell 'Manic' didn't really think this though, if his eyes were anything to go off atleast. It could easily be deducted that those words had been taken from his mothers mouth and not his own and he was more than reluctant to even reference them.

"Wow. Nice way to greet me isn't it, Shads?" A familiar voice grumbled as a figure came into view. His cobalt fur was now neat and tidy, slightly lighter in tone due to how clean it was, and his quills were slicked back with, what he presumed to be, gel. His clothes were made from fine linen, a frilley white blouse and black trousers, black boots to match.