[16]

When Sonic told his siblings of his encounter with their mother, Sonia practically squealed as she moved around in excitement. "I knew she'd understand!" She exclaimed. Manic just rolled his eyes, watching as servants walked by the doorway.

"Well lucky you." He muttered. "The old hag thinks I'm 'smitten' with some guy I've become friends with so now I can't go near him." Sonia's eyes softened as she walked over to Manic, sitting beside him on the cushioned bench. Sonic soon followed on the other side of Manic.

"Are you sure you don't like him like that?" Sonic asked. Manic's face reddened as he grew defensive. "Yes! I'm sure! I'm not like you - I like women." Sonia scoffed at this, earning the other two's attention. "Sorry, sorry. If it is the person I think it is, you two are in love. If you weren't you wouldn't talk like you do." Manic's face reddened even more, said hedgehog trying to hide his face in his hands as Sonic chuckled.

"What?" Sonic asked, intruiged. "What do they say?" Sonia shrugged as she knew this would annoy her brother. "I don't think I can say - he shouldn't even be saying the things he does as someone may over hear." She smirked. "It's just business!" Manic hissed.

Sonic smirked, tapping his chin mockingly. "I see we have father 3.0 here with his 'business'." He joked, not noticing the purple hedgehog watching from the doorway. "No! Not like that!" Manic shouted in embarrassment, quieting down when he realised who was there. "Is that admittance?" Sonic teased, stopping when his mother cleared her throat. There goes his chance.

"When you are all done commenting on what Manic does in his free time - which he really doesn't need people knowing - I'd like to speak with Sonic." The triplets nodded and the blue blur followed his mother in silence, noticing the slight tremble in his legs as they continued down the hallway to the dungeon.

Shadow knew he could talk, but he didn't want to. He was high in anticipation and was hoping more than anything they were going to release Shadow. That anticipation climbed when Scourge brought Silver over and soon dissapeared.

The three made their way to the dungeon, going down to the deepest, darkest depths and stopping infront of Shadow's cell.

Aleena cautiously opened the cell, getting slightly startled as Sonic ran in, using his speed, and engulfed the ebony hedgehog in a hug. The ebony hedgehog soon returned the hug, a smile planted on his muzzle.

Silver watched the two, smiling as he practically felt the flurry of emotions the two had. Aleena wasn't smiling however, she looked upset. She watched with teary eyes as the two shared a few words, hugged and eventually kissed - although Shadow was on the recieving end much to his dismay.

"And you ruined it." Shadow smirked, pushing away the other. "Awh come on Shads! It's been a whole month!" Sonic complained "Nope." Shadow smirked, turning away to secure himself from another one of Sonic's breaches.

Aleena slightly chuckled at this. It reminded her of him. But not Sonics father, no. It was someone else entirely. Someone before him who Aleena treasured far more. She sighed and indicated for the two to come out -in which they obliged.

"Well, seen as I know I am unable to stop it, you two have my blessings." Sonic grinned, engulfing his mother in a hug "Thank you!" He exclaimed. His mother hugged back before ending the hug. "But, there are a few rules." The two nodded

"You two are to get married. There is no sharing of beds until then. You cannot sneak off, renounce your royal status or anything of that sort. Understood?" Shadow nodded. "You are the first to be married Sonic, meaning that you will take the throne." Sonic shook his head.

"Mother, no. I don't want the kingdom." He stated. Shadow nodded in agreement. "You two have both lead an entire ship. A kingdom would be easy." Shadow shook his head. "I ran the ship. Sonic would often just sit around, mess with crewmates or annoy me until I gave him attention." He responded.

Aleena just sighed "Sounds like Sonic." She giggled. "Yes, yes. That's nice and all." Silver interrupted "But seen as my engagement to Sonic is thankfully over, can I leave?"

"Well you could, but that green hedgehog of yours has some 'dealings' with my son." Silver's eyes widened in horror as his head whipped around to Sonic. "He didn't." He hissed. Sonic smirked "Oh he did. We were actually talking about it before I was brought here." Sonic crossed his arms. Silver put both hands over his mouth as he gasped, cheecks reddening profusely. "Gets him off of my back doenst it?" Sonic added.

Silver turned towards the queen "You're okay with this?!" The oruple hedgehog shrugged, uncaring. "I was like that in my youth and, ironically, shouted at my husband for doing so." She explained "It does occur to me however their business is becomming a hinderence. Workers are constantly reporting hearing the two saying... 'things'."

Silver reddened even more. "I'm just going to have a word with Scourge." He shakily said, leaving the room as quickly as he could to find the hedgehog.

"Where will Shadow be sleeping?" Sonic asked his mother suddenly. "Well I have arranged for a bed to be moved into your room. I doubt the workers would want him in their quarters." Sonic nodded, Shadow smirking behind the lapiz hedgehog.

"Is there a specified time people get up by, or do maids or butlers wake people up?" Shadow asked. "Well, for now, someone will be waking the two of you up to ensure you don't break restrictions."  The two nodded in understandment, already knowing they would just break the rules on the sly.

"We can discuss wedding arrangements tomorrow. Sonic, please show Shadow around." The purple möbian then left.

When the purple hedgehog was out of sight, the two turned to eachother smirking. "Is tonight a good time?" Sonic asked. Shadow nodded "any time, any where so long as we aren't caught." Shadow smirked, flicking the others nose as he walked passed. "Hey!" Sonic yelped, running ahead. "C'mon now! You haven't been able to even kiss me for a month and you flick my nose?"

"Couldn't do that for a month, could I?" Sonic just scowled, knowing he was just trying to push his buttons. "Ya know might have to cancel those 'law breaking' plans..." Sonic smirked as he looked away, pretending to be in thought. Shadow laughed "Fine by me." He smirked back "It's you who suffers anyway. You know I don't care."

Sonic huffed childishly, knowing he had a point. "You never want to!" Shadow just hummed back "Self control." He smirked "I lack that." Sonic stated before speeding off, Shadow following closely behind.