[12]

Sonic wasn't sure of what had happened, but Manic seemed rather content with himself. It was probably the fact his suitor had turned down his request however - Manic had never really liked the idea of having a partner or doing anything romantic when Sonic would gush about 'someone' in their earlier years. It was either that or Sonia had fallen over in her 7 layered, frilly dress she was not thankful for.

"Why do you think mother wants us?" Sonia asked, ignoring the two males walking beside them. Sonic shrugged "Probably going to talk about all the stuff we can and can't do with our supposed partners." Sonia nodded.

Sonic looked over to Silver. He was talking with Sonia's 'partner'. Silver seemed quite comfortable suprisingly and the two were talking in hushed whispers. Sonic smiled. Atleast part of the plan was in motion, it was such a lengthy plan despite the small, lethal time frame they were working within. Sonic was more than worried - his lover's life could be at stake.

"They seem to be getting along quite well." Sonic smiled. Sonia nodded "They would make such a lovely couple." Sonic shook his head and leaned closer "No, Silver is going to lure him down yo the basement when they're close and we can then push him into the cell." He explained. Sonia nodded eagerly with a wink - she must have really hated the poor man if she was willing to push him into a cell.

Sonic then opened one of the throne room doors before allowing the other three to enter and entered himself. His mother sat atop her throne, as if she hadn't moved from there the night prior, at the very end on the seemingly endless room. She was smiling warmly. That probably wasn't a good sign. Something must be going her way, and Sonic hoped it wasn't to do with Shadow.

"Good afternoon." She greated. Sonia curtseyed "Good afternoon mother." Sonic nodded his head as the other two greeted her with a joyous smile, seemingly unaware of what a smile meant in the triplets' family. "I would love to celebrate the bonds you have presumably shared with your fiancès." His mother announced, too loud and clear to be passed off as being misheard.

"Sorry?" Sonia stepped in "Forgive me, but we haven't even known them a week, mother!" Aleena shook her head "Apologies, Sonia, however me and your father managed to form a bond within an hour. I hoped each of you shared that trait. However it appears not." She passively muttered "However I do still believe a celebration is in order. A ball perhaps?" She suggested. "Mother, you haven't even announced my return yet." Sonic pointed out. "It can celebrate both your return and each of your engagements, Maurice." She said sternly. This clearly wasn't up for negotiation.

The woman then stood up and began pacing around her throne. "You will all need suitable attire." She uttered. An idea suddenly planted in Sonic's mind. He looked up and gasped. Silver and Sonia both looked at Sonic wearily, they knew he was going to alter the plan in some idiotic way just because he could.

"Say... when do you plan to have this... celebration?" He asked. His mother smiled, thinking he had come to terms with his fate. "I would like to have the celebration in a few weeks, maybe on your birthdays." She smiled. Sonic had forgotten all about his birthday since the incidents that had happened. He and Shadow had planned a nice night out in a romantic city, that had aged like milk. He could use this to his advantage however.

"Oh, well may I suggest a theme?" He asked. His mother nodded wearily "I will not accept something outlandish like 'pirate' or any of that nonsense." She added quickly. "Well you and father met at a masquerade ball did you not?" Sonic asked. His mother nodded once again. "Well, maybe we could have a masquerade ball. It may even help our relationships." Sonic smiled. Sonia nodded with a smile "I loved reading about such parties! Please may we have one mother?" She asked, clearly catching on to what Sonic was trying to do. "I shall ask your brother. Now please return to your previous tasks." She stated.

Silver, Sonic and Sonia stopped as soon as the door closed and Mephiles had bid farewell before he walked away. "What are you trying to do?" Silver hissed. Sonic shrugged "Me and Shadow had plans for my birthday. Might aswell fit them in." He smirked. "We will just have to alter the plan a little - nothing too drastic." "Fine." Sonia sighed.

"We will stick to the second faze, however we will have to dress him for the event and you will have to make a break for it after the ball concludes." Sonia warned. Sonic nodded "We could probably use the roof." He concluded "I hope you know what you're doing, Maurice." Sonia stated "I prefer Sonic." The lapiz hedgehog corrected "apologies, Sonic." Sonia stated. "I will take my leave now, it is rather tiring to talk in such a tight corset aswell as a heavy dress." She uttered before shuffling away.

"If we fail, I swear to chaos I will hold you accountable." Silver glared at the other, he had waited until the magenta hedgehog was out of earshot to enforce this knowledge upon him. "I don't want to risk my freedom just so you can have a romantic dance with him." Sonic just rolled his eyes "I apologise but your loveless life doesn't affect mine. If we are caught, we're going out in style!" He declared. "I'll have to inform him now." He added before speeding off - his mother would definitley be speaking to him about running around the castle in less than an hour.