'Hello...'/Welcome to Anubis!

I huff as I lay myself on my new bed. Definitely much more comfortable than my other one. I reach for my phone that I had placed beside my clipboard on my nightstand. I had just finally finished unpacking my things, and I hadn't really checked it at all while I was putting everything away and decorating my side of the room.

3:20, I've taken a little bit longer than I realized.

I sit myself up as I heard a knock at the door, it slowly opening to reveal Trudy. "Hello sweetie, I see you've made yourself at home." She notes, seeing how full the once empty space was.

I nodded in reply before making a gesture with my hand to silently ask 'what is it??'

"I was coming to get you, if you were ready. The rest of the students should be back any moment now that class is out for the day." She explains. "Supper is almost ready, and with some of the boys, I reckon you get there quickly."

Ah yes, first come first serve. I internally chuckle at the thought. I throw myself out of bed and was just about to follow her, but paused almost forgetting my clipboard. And given I was about to be met with multiple people, I voted on my jumbo sharpie vs my pens. Once I had everything, I quickly ran after Trudy.

A small smile lit itself on my face as I smelt the cooking. It smells so good. I could only imagine how good it tastes.

I enter the dining area to watch as Trudy sets a new chair, making space for me at the table. The calmness I felt slowly disappearing as I heard the door open, and a bunch of rambunctious chatter came from the hall.

Trudy stood by my side holding me in a comforting manner to try and ease my nerves, noticing my anxiety spike as the loud and excited conversations died down as they entered the room, their eyes falling on me instantly.

"A newbie?" Voiced the goth girl (who was clearly my roommate) with streaks in her hair, as everyone looked at me with confused gazes.

"Everyone, this is Victoria Brookman." Trudy says, introducing me to them. "She was meant to join the lot of you at the beginning of term, but her flight was delayed."

I only missed one day of school. I'm not that late.

"I absolutely love your shoes!" A blonde, and very preppy girl piped up, not bothering with any introductions of her own. I only smile politely in response.

Taking a breath I open my marker and write in bold 'It's nice to meet you all!' before turning my clipboard around for them to read.

"What? Cat got your tongue?" A blond boy jokes, and the African boy laughs with him. I close my eyes, the grip on my board tightening.

"Jerome, Alfie!" Trudy lightly scolded, knowing that they probably didn't mean any harm, or intend to be insensitive, but shut them down regardless. "Victoria is mute. She doesn't speak."

I heard the sound of their teeth chatter as their mouths both simultaneously slam closed. I bit my lip and couldn't get my eyes off the floor, despite Trudy rubbing my arm, telling me that everything was going to be ok. The awkward aura filled the room as neither boy new what to say in order to apologize for something they don't really need to apologize for because they hadn't known. It's always awkward.

"Well then! Supper is ready!" Trudy says, breaking the silence. "I expect you all to behave yourselves and make Victoria feel welcome." She said, giving me a small squeeze, and heads to the kitchen to prepare the dishes. "Mara, Joy, help me set the table, will you?"

"Yes, Trudy." The two girls replied, doing as they were told as everyone else began to sit themselves at the table. I just stood there awkwardly, waiting for everyone to take their seats, just to take whatever free spot was left.