House of Eyes p2

"Are you sure it's ok for us to just leave her there?" Amber asks as her, Nina, Fabian, Alfie and Jerome all exited the school. "If she's totally sick, how is she supposed to get back on her own?"

"I don't know, Amber." Nina frowned, not knowing what else to say.

"The nurse shooed us off, remember?" Fabian cut in. "But I'm sure she'll be fine. She's tougher than she looks."

Jerome silently agrees, but he was the only one that knew the truth. Hoping the nurse wasn't prodding at her sleeves in her sleep if she were to catch sight of the bandages.

"Oh yeah, good work on finding her Jerome!" Nina brought up, smiling. "Weird as it was; you going into the girls bathroom."

Before Jerome could even think to make a comment, Alfie jumps ahead of them. "Well of course, our Romeo would search the ends of the world for his Juliet!" He teased and Jerome grew red in the face as the others snickered and smirked.

"Shut it Alfie!" He growled. And before he could attempt to get his hands on the class clown, to playfully get him in a chokehold, they all turn to a familiar sound.

'Hey! Wait up!'

Nina sighed with relief, seeing Victoria putting her laptop away, and sprinting towards them.

"Victoria, you're alright!" Amber smiled, meeting the girl halfway, giving her a hug, to which Victoria reciprocated, the two swaying side by side, smiling as they part. Amber then proceeding to slap her arm, her smile dropping. "Don't you ever scare us like that again! Do you know how many wrinkles you could have caused me??"

Victoria smiled at her apologetically before giving her a quick finally hug. Jerome eyed her carefully as she interacted with the others who also received hugs, and asking if she were ok. Had he not been the one to find her, seeing her how she was when she was in the bathroom, he'd have no idea with looking at her now, that there was anything wrong. He now understood her sudden love for drama.

She had been playing a part her whole life.

She's perfected the role of a happy, charismatic and brave girl who plays peacekeeper. When in reality she was fighting so many mental battles. Broken, as she has said. Hiding majority of her worries and fears by enjoying whatever was going on in the moment.

She looks away from the others and up at him, her eyes bright, her smile... prefect. Looking up at him as though she had never lived a bad day. Looking all cute and innocent, which both warmed and crushed his heart, cuz while he wanted that for her, he knew it wasn't the truth.

She took him by surprise, raising her arms up, making grabby hands like a child. It took him a moment for him to realise what she wanted, and if it were anyone else, he'd straight up deny it.

"Alright, get on." He says with a dramatic sigh, bending his knees. Her smile brightens as she jumps up and down excitedly for a moment before jumping onto his back, her arms wrapping around his neck. His hands immediately going to her thighs to keep her secure, and insure she wouldn't fall off as soon as he stood up.

"Go Fairy Queen!" Alfie cheered before he, Fabian and Nina laugh and giggle.

Amber's mouth is just dropped in disbelief as she snaps a picture of the two on her phone. Multiple pictures; as they smiled at each other, making funny faces and silently teasing each other.

"And you say you're not a couple??" She wonders out loud, getting everyone's attention as they all started walking off towards the house.

Nina bites her lip to hold back a smirk, definitely feeling like those two were definitely and item. Fabian couldn't believe there'd be anyone who'd genuinely be interested in Jerome. And Alfie, while he liked to tease, wasn't 100% sure where he stood. On one hand, his two best mates dating would be amazing, cuz they seemed absolutely perfect. On the other, he wasn't sure if that would change their dynamic, and if he'd feel like a third wheel.