House of Lies p5

"Well you certainly seemed to have fun in class." Amber comments as she comes up from behind me as I was organizing things in my locker, it now being the end of the day. A smirk on her lips.

'You're one to talk' I told her, pulling out her computer, 'what was that with you and Alfie?' Cuz I seriously need to know what's going on.

"Oh, that." She rolled her eyes. "Just a tip from a magazine to make Mick jealous and apologize for spending so much time with Mara." I frowned. So she was just using Alfie. "That's what he gets for giving Mara and I the same bracelet." She sneered with jealousy.

I shook my head and looked at her incredulously. 'Hold up... he gifted her the same bracelet?? What a fucking idiot!'

Amber scoffs as I close my locker, she and I now walking through the halls. "I know right? Can you believe him?"

I shook my head, he really doesn't think, does he? 'Look, what Mick did was a totally dumb idiot move, but I don't like how you used Alfie to get back at him.'

She tilted her head to the side. "Why? It's not like it meant anything. It's not like I did it intentionally with Alfie specifically in mind. I would have ended up kissing any boy I was paired up with." She explained dismissively, not seeing it as a big deal.

'Just.. try to be more mindful, ok? That's all I ask.' She only shrugs and goes "okay!"

"Soooo~ what about your kisses, huh?" She asked, hooking her arm with mine, teasing with a gentle shove.

I look down at our hooked arms, and she quickly realised it would be hard for me to type out my replies with our arms connected like that. "Oh, right."

I bump shoulders with her once we were separated, planning to put her ideas to rest. 'There is nothing going on with me and Jerome, we're best friends. That's all.'

"Best friends who kiss?" She says, completely unconvinced. "I don't think so. Honestly I had my reservations about you and Jerome, but now that I've seen quite a bit of it these past couple of days, I can totally see it!" She gushed, already painting us as a pair.

"Once Mick and I kiss and make up, we have to go on a double date. I also need to come up with a cute couple name for you both." I looked at her both stunned and amused. She is a girl of wacky ideas.

'Amber, Jerome and I are not a couple. He doesn't like me like that.'

Amber throws her head back and groans. "Victoria, clearly you are deaf just as you are quiet, because that boy spent most of yesterday night telling you how perfect you are. The two of you snogging. And then him declaring his love for you in class."

'Amber, it was a scene!' It was almost too funny how she convinced herself that this was anything real.

"Yeah, one where you could have just not kissed, reading out your lines, or even doing fake stage kisses. You know, covering your partners lips with your fingers to make it look like you've kissed them, but in actuality, you're kissing your hand?" My god she was adamant. "But nope! You and Jerome are definitely meant for each other." She says confidently.

'Whatever you say Amber.' I roll my eyes, putting my computer away as we neared the house. Amber rehooking her arm with mine.

~~~

"So Lady Victoria, I hear you give out free kisses to your friends." Alfie teased at the dinner table. Mick thankfully not here, cuz I don't know what kind of shit storm that would have caused.

I glance over at Nina and Fabian. My guess they had been discussing it at one point, making jokes or comments, and Alfie overheard. Others who weren't in on the joke looked at me confused. Jerome looking down at me curiously.

"I'd like to cash mine in, please!"

I cover my mouth to suppress my laughter before shaking my head, smiling as I pull out my computer. 'Apologies, Alfie. But I see you too much like a brother for me to feel even the slightest bit comfortable with this. And even if I didn't, I still would have had to been aesthetically attracted to you. Which, no offence, you aren't exactly my type.' The computer voices, as I send him a teasing smile, but also giving him a playfully regretful one.

He pouts, and I know he isn't truly offended, and is very much so understanding as it was an overly dramatic pout.

"Oh, so Fabian and I mark off enough boxes to count as your type, huh?" Nina asks cheekily, with a smirk and a playful glint in her eyes, pulling all of her hair onto one side, over her shoulder, acting all flirty.

Fabian looked at her wide eyed, ping pong-ing between the two of us, wondering why he was being thrown into our playful banter.

'Nina dear, is that your way of indirectly asking me to kiss you?' I send her a mischievous look, looking a tad smug. 'You're gonna have to actually ask, sweetheart. How else would I know if I truly gotten your consent?' I wink, proceeding to blow her a kiss.

The two of us laugh and giggle, mine being silent, and the rest of the house looks completely lost. "What's going on?" Mara asked, unsure of what to make of this display.

"Don't ask," Fabian begs, "just.. don't ask."

"Whatever it is, it's disgusting. Gag me."

'Wow Tricia, didn't peg you as the homophobic type.' I react with a glare.

"I'm not!" She shouts defensively. "The two of you specifically however, is just sick." Right, cuz that's any better. I roll my eyes and go back to my food.

"Wait, so if you would kiss Nina, would you kiss me?" Amber asks, genuinely curious.

I stare at her for a moment before shaking my head. 'Nah, same reason as Alfie. Seeing you as a sister. Also, you're taken... right?' Honestly I'm not even sure of what her current relationship status with Mick is.

"That's true." Amber says as she flips her hair over her shoulder. "It would be weird. I couldn't picture it either."

That's good. Cuz I really wouldn't.

"Maybe if we were older and had gotten drunk at a party, or something, playing spin the bottle." She says this absentmindedly as I brought my glass to my lips, taking a sip of water, which I proceed to choke on.

Jerome patting my back, to help me while the rest of our housemates laugh.