House of Agendas p2

"Where the heck were you last night?" Nina asked after I snuck into our room to grab a change of clothes the following morning, "You never came back."

I flash her a guilty/apologetic smile before disappearing into the bathroom to take an early morning shower. Tying my hair up into a bun before placing on a shower cap. I set the hot water to run while I disrobe before stepping in once the temperature was just right.

I inhale deeply as the scorching water hit my skin, the burning sensation being one I thoroughly enjoy. My therapist says I enjoy the heat of a shower oh so terribly because it replaces that of a warm embrace. Comfort.

I thought she was nuts back then, personally thinking it was more my mentality trying to burn and wash away the reminder of where I hand been touched. Wanting to feel clean again.

Now I could see it as being a bit of both. Looking back, I took showers a little too often for a little too long. Especially when I was in the middle of an episode or right after having a nightmare. Over time I hadn't taken nearly as many, mostly due to the water bill that my grandparents chewed me out for, but because I was getting semi better. And since being at Anubis... I almost never needed my scorching therapeutic showers.

Today however, was not one of those days. My arms working from muscle memory to scrub harshly at my skin, almost to the point of being raw; yet still being mindful of the new additions.

I hissed at myself for that one. Once again annoyed and frustrated of my slip after 2 years.

Once I was done scrubbing away at my flesh, I turned up the heat just a bit more, just standing there, basking in the warmth. Standing directly below the source of the water, the sounds of the burning liquid hitting against the shower cap sounding like the rapid pitter patter of rain.

I tried to not get too comfortable, knowing that the other girls will probably be needing the bathroom soon. After a while, I reluctantly step out of the shower, turning down the faucet, and start getting ready for school.

Grabbing everything I needed, slinging my bag over my shoulder, I head downstairs and go into the kitchen, swiping two of the last few hash browns before Alfie had the chance to take them all. He stuck his tongue out at me, and I do the same in return. The two of us smiling before he headed back for his room.

"So we're still sneaking out this lunchtime, yeah?" Fabian whispers, sounding almost excited as I sat down at the table, he and I across from each other.

"You're getting really good at this sneaking around stuff, huh." Nina smirked.

"Learning from the best." Fabian huffed, smiling at her. Anyone else hear wedding bells, or is it just me?

"Whisper whisper whisper." Patricia cuts in with a sneer as the Nina, Fabian and I got up from the table, getting ready to head out. "Very cosy."

"Let's go." Fabian muttered with a sour look on his face, blatantly ignoring Patricia and her snide remarks. I nod in agreement, taking a bite of my hash brown.

"When did you become her friend instead of mine, Fabian?" I scoffed, looking at her, wondering if she was being serious. She couldn't be.

"Since you became such a witch, Patricia." Fabian answered with a glare, proceeding to leave the room, and I began to follow. Not before seeing Patricia becoming crestfallen. Too bad, so sad.

"They can be both of our friends?" Nina suggested, and I grab her arm, silently telling her to hurry up. Patricia was a lost cause.

Seeing my attempts to get Nina to follow along with Fabian and I, she narrows her eyes. "Not likely."