House of Attitude p3/House of Black Bird p1

"I still can't believe you forgave her so quickly." Amber said as she was removing her makeup and getting ready for bed.

'Like I said... she didn't know. And frankly I don't blame her for not believing me.' I typed out, then hit enter. 'After all, with everyone giving her the cold shoulder, why wouldn't she think it was an excuse?'

"That's fair.." Mara said softly, an ounce of regret in her face. Now feeling bad for not treating her the greatest once Nina arrived, and blowing up at her with everyone else.

"Hi guys." Mick said, entering the room suddenly.

"Mick, I've only got one eye on!" Amber said, whipping around in her chair the second he entered.

"I like the panda look." He said with a smile.

"Aww! Thanks bubs." Amber grinned. "And it's sweet of you to come and see me."

"Actually it's Mara I've come to see." Mara and Amber's mouths part, jaws slightly dropping while I just raise one of Ambs magazines in front of my face.

"Me, Mara?" She asks in shock. Completely confused as to why he would want to come and see her vs his own girlfriend.

"Yeah, I was kind of struggling on that biology assignment." Aah so that's the reason. "And I wondered, since, you're the biology babe," I grimace at his wording, Amber mouthing 'biology babe' with a glare that Mick couldn't see, since his back faced her, "whether you could help me out? I mean, you helped Tori, right?" Oh sure, throw me in the middle.

"Erm," Mara could see the displeased look on Amber's face, but she didn't know how to say 'no' "Yeah. Sure. Why not? A friend in need." She said, hoping that the emphasis on friend was caught by Amber. "Tomorrow evening?"

"It's a date." Mick, wording! Come on.. you can't be that dense.. "In a manner of speaking." I blow a strand of fallen hair out of my face as his corrects himself.

"Yeah." Mara nodded slowly.

"Catch you later babe." Mick said before leaving the room... not even kissing his girlfriend goodnight. Not even a kiss on the cheek!

Does he not realize what he's doing??

"What?" Mara says, seeing the look on Amber's face. "You want him to fail biology?"

"Probably not. But why doesn't he ask me to help him with his homework?" I put down the magazine and Mara and I both give her a look. Amber nods to herself, admitting that even that sounded stupid to her. "Ok, but I don't like him asking another girl.
Even when it's you."

"Amber, relax, he only wants me for my brains. And you - you're textbook gorgeous." Mara says, reassuring the blonde has nothing to worry about. "He's crazy about you."

"Yeah you're right." Amber says with a nod. "As usual. After all, what's not to like?"

It's in this moment that it's a good thing I don't talk, cuz I would have probably pointed out the fact he could have just asked Fabian... his brainiac roommate and utter super nerd.

Mick better watch himself.

"It's ten o'clock-" I hear Victor call out his infamous curfew catchphrase, "You should be downstairs by now." Ah yes, Mick, leaving it till the very last hour to ask Mara for help.

I take this moment to wave to the others that I was going to bed, the two wish me goodnight and I leave the bedroom quietly.

"-You have five minutes precisely. And then I want to hear a pin drop." After a moment of silence Victor continues to bellow, "I can still hear something!"