House of Dares p3

As time ticked on, the tension in the classroom died out slowly the more Mr Sweet went on and on about the lesson.

I was having a little too much fun making my notes all color coordinated, neat and pretty to really think about the issues I've just caused.

I glanced up at the clock as time ticked, 5, 4, 3, 2- "Your biology assignments please." Mr Sweet calls out just as the bell rings, signifying the end of class. "And no excuses this time." He says as he glances over at Mick, only to be surprised when the athlete pulls out and hands him his homework with 0 hesitation.

"Nice one." I heard Jerome say from across the room as Mr. Sweet passed by to collect our assignments. Hearing what I assumed was a high five.

"You're so much craftier than I thought." I heard Alfie compliment who I can only assume was Patricia. "And I already knew you were a scheming goth-pixie." There it is.

"Hey Nina!" Patricia says as she gets up from her desk, walking over to us as she hands her assignment in. "I just wanted to say.. You know, Sorry about breakfast."

I raise an eyebrow and cross my arms, eyeing her carefully.

"That's fine." Nina says, getting up from her seat. "A little teasing helps the tea and toast go down." She says as she slings her bag over her shoulder.

"Oh and that I think it's about time we welcomed you into school properly." Patricia says just as Alfie and Jerome come to stand at her side. "The traditional way."

"What are you going on about?" Fabian asks, while I also express the same thoughts.

"Alfie, why don't you tell Nina about the initiation ceremony?" Patricia says, not paying any mind of Fabian.

"The what?" Fabian asks again, only to be ignored.

"Yeah," Alfie nods enthusiastically with a smile, "every new person who comes to this school. Has to undergo like..." his excited expression drops as he couldn't think of anything, drawing a blank, "..An initiation ceremony."

"Since when?" Fabian says in exasperation.

"Since forever Fabian!" Patricia says with a forced smile, her tone and eyes saying 'you better shut up.'

I pull out my computer with a smile, 'oh yeah?? I don't recall taking part in any ceremony.' And if looks could kill..

Fabian's eyes narrow. "What are you-?"

"It's ok." Nina says, cutting him off, smiling at Patricia. "Sounds like fun. What do I have to do?" Patricia smirks at this, while Fabian and I share worried glances.

"We'll discuss it back at the house." I didn't trust the look in her eyes. She was definitely up to something.

I loop my arm with Nina's giving it a tug, silently asking her if we can get going. At this action, Patricia narrows her eyes, looking down at our hooked arms.

"Ooh~ make that two green-eyed monsters." Jerome remarks, causing Patricia to scoff, telling him to shut up before she stormed out of class.

I tilt my head at him, sending him a disappointed look that read 'was that really necessary??' And given how Patricia and I are at odds, it doesn't seem like I'll be helping her in her attempts to get Alfie back for lying. Actually our non full on breakout fight might have saved him; erasing it from her mind.

"What's with you anyways?" Jerome asks, his hands in his pockets. There was something.. worry maybe, in his eyes. It was just masked well by the curiosity. "I've never seen you like that before. And with Patricia no less."