13.

Anavrin laughed as Demetri spun her around in an incredibly slow circle

Anavrin laughed as Demetri spun her around in an incredibly slow circle. He held her hand and waist as though she'd shatter if he held on too tightly. The daytime drinking had reached an extreme when midday rolled around, it was as though they felt they finally had permission from the universe to be so intoxicated. Anavrin could scarcely speak let alone notice that Felix had vanished...

The human only noticed the bulky guards' arrival because he returned with others. The three Volturi kings crowded the doorway looking entirely out of place and the guards seemed to sober in a snap, Demetri dropped Anavrin as though she'd burned them. The kings made no noise or expression, they soundlessly watched as though plagued by Alec's gift but that was more unnerving to her drunken mind. Without excusing herself to anybody, Anavrin walked directly at Marcus and he predictably stepped back to give her space in a manner than Caius and Aro wouldn't have. The two aforementioned kings rolled their eyes at Marcus before they all turned to follow her steadily down the hallway. None of them attempted to grab her for which she was grateful. Though the other, more prominent part of her mind, might not even have noticed if they did. Her head was empty safe for a slither of drunken joy off the back of a very good day. Ignoring the kings, despite genuinely enjoying Marcus' (and occasionally Caius') company, she headed out into the bright sunlight of the day and it made her halt in her tracks for a moment, blinded after the murky darkness of the guard's quarters. The kings stopped with her, still unspeaking— or so far as she had heard.

When she got her vision back, she ran forward among the flowers and through random pathways, not looking back but assuming they made pace. It made her laugh to consider them gliding along behind her, jumping flower beds as she did. But she had a location in mind, one that took her many incorrect turns to achieve. She dodged and weaved her way quickly through the hedge maze now that she knew to follow the dying grass and was shortly in the centre. Without a second thought, she tossed the glass bottle aside and dived into the fountain.

The cool water washed all over her, infiltrating her mouth and waking her up before she could resurface. Her drunken stupor dimmed but her brain still felt fuzzy as she lazily tred water, too far from the bottom of the fountain to stand.

"Anavrin," Caius sighed, leaning against a pillar by the gap in the hedge, she just pushed her hair back and completely ignored him. "Get out of the fountain," he whistled with an emotionless voice and Anavrin paddled to the edge, resting her elbows against the wall.

"You will catch a chill, my sweet," Marcus stated calmly, taking a seat on the edge of the wall not too far from her but she didn't mind the proximity. Aro continued to stand in front of her with his hands in his pockets, unmoving and unblinking. There was no knowing how he felt but she doubted he was happy.

"Why does it matter?" she slurred out in a grumble and ducked her head under the water, coming back up and laughing as she noticed they'd all moved an inch closer, alert. Even Aro was affected by her drunk in the water. "You are all so boring, Marcus my love," she turned to him with as sultry eyes as she could produce, "Swim with me?" she tried, looking up between her lashes and he froze where he sat, as though he was contemplating it.