16.

ANAVRIN BREATHED IN A LARGE GULP OF AIR BEFORE OPENING MARCUS' BEDROOM DOOR AND HEADING OUT INTO THE CORRIDOR

ANAVRIN BREATHED IN A LARGE GULP OF AIR BEFORE OPENING MARCUS' BEDROOM DOOR AND HEADING OUT INTO THE CORRIDOR. Chelsea smiled gently, following behind at a distance. Felix had also reappeared from wherever he had vanished and he walked like the bodyguard he was at her side. Rohan flanked on the left, casually strolling with a bored expression. The entire thing was overly dramatic and Anavrin felt like a complete fool to walk with them circling her back. It was not as if she was more likely to get attacked at that moment than usual.

Turning and walking down the stairs, she halted in her path when she came across Caius on his way up, clutching a pile of letters though they appeared as though they were fit to slip from his grasp. Remembering the fundamentals of her date with Aro, she made a mental promise that she would inquire about Caius' ex-wife at the earliest convenience.

"Hmm," he smiled when he noticed her though it wasn't a gentle, polite smile. "Don't you look delicious," he smirked in a way that made her think he was joking-- his comments of the past were so deeply buried in her mind and he hadn't yet apologised or debuted them. Anavrin had trust issues when it came to Caius and they were not even together. "Though your dress has changed colour," he smirked, moving across the step to block her path-- even a few steps down, he was still at her height.

"This one feels a little more me," Anavrin hummed, not wanting to let him see that his previous insults had stuck with her. She spun in a circle to show him every angle and Caius smirked, glancing around. She followed his gaze to realise that her bodyguards had vanished-- Anavrin wasn't sure whether to be pleased or disappointed.

"It would be a shame to ruin Chelsea's hard work," Caius hummed, stepping diagonally upwards and Anavrin was forced to back up into the wall. "But red truly is your colour," she could've misheard but he sounded wondrously breathless as he said it, backing her into the wall and snagging her lips in a deep passionate kiss.

Anavrin placed her hand against his chest and after one more kiss, pushed him away. Caius blinked at her in silent surprise.

"Sorry Darling, I have plans," she winked and he gaped at her as she walked past. It brought her a large amount of amusement to be able to reject him even if it was the last thing she wanted to do. However, it didn't stop him from reaching out to slap her on the ass just hard enough to sting but not hard enough to leave a mark. She jumped slightly and glared over her shoulder at him. "Red lipstick looks marvellous on you," she called back at him as she made her way down the stairs, having been overly pleased to see her lipstick on his lips.

"I hate you too, my love," he returned and she grinned at him as she turned the corner, fixing her lipstick as best she could without a mirror. Anavrin walked many other corridors before you reached the front doors and she considered it no small achievement that she had managed to do so-- the labyrinth of the castle took some memorising to navigate.

 Anavrin walked many other corridors before you reached the front doors and she considered it no small achievement that she had managed to do so-- the labyrinth of the castle took some memorising to navigate