1.

SUN GLITTERED DOWN FONDLY ON THAT SWEET JANUARY MORNING

SUN GLITTERED DOWN FONDLY ON THAT SWEET JANUARY MORNING. It shimmered around her in bright beaming rays and for a pleasant pause, as she strode out of the hotel lobby, she allowed her pale pink eyelids to flutter, warmth dancing over her pores caressingly. For the first time since arriving in Volterra, Italy- She felt calm. Arriving four days ago, she had dropped her bag at the foot of her hotel bed and instantly felt uncertain, unsafe in her own skin- like her body was rejecting the environment all around her... She felt watched, and on this- the first day of sunshine since her arrival- she felt calm as if the glittering sunshine had forced the negativity away.

The floral summer dress fluttered around her faintly tanned body as she strode purposely down the cobbled streets without a care in the world- That was what travelling had all been about in the first place- leaving her worries far behind in the dreary greyness of England, among the black taxi cabs of London. Anavrin Sommers hadn't felt so peaceful since before her father died, the dreaded c-word dragging him away from her...

The warmth of the Volterra sun was like swimming in a utopian pool and she strode purposefully, though without a single purpose at all, without a dream or intention; searching for inspiration for the next chapter of her life. Somewhere along the journey through the winding streets, she had ground to a stop at a cute little restaurant with a smiling elderly lady behind the counter and now she was very pleased to be sipping upon some sort of passionfruit combination that sparked along her tongue, igniting each and every tastebud rather pleasantly.

In her small hands, she shifted through the glossy pages of travel brochures- she had all the time in the world and for the first time, she also had the money. Harry Sommers would be more than happy with his little princess spending her inheritance money seeing the world and making memories but she was being careful, it didn't matter how large the figure had been, how much money the entrepreneur had left behind; she wouldn't waste a single penny. Because, at some point, when she returned home to the swirling grey cloistered streets of London, where the air was slightly harder to breathe- she would need money to start whatever dream she sparked on the journey.

Anavrin had spent her trip exploring the streets and experiencing the culture but somehow, her time in Volterra didn't quite feel done just yet, she felt as if she was waiting... As if something was coming, and maybe that was what dragged her all the way to Italy when she'd originally intended to explore the United States. Truth be told, she was absolutely oblivious, purposeless and stubborn- But she wasn't ready to head home yet.

By the time glittered in the sky, she was trekking calmly across the hotel lobby again, her sunglasses still over her eyes despite the plunging darkness of the sky and the roof over her head- maybe she did it to be unsociable, this was always intended to be a solo journey and Anavrin was perhaps perpetually moody... But more reasonably, it was just because she forgot and had no desire to get her hair caught in her sunglasses again.

Anavrin sighed as she pushed open her hotel door and flopped inelegantly back onto the bed without even bothering to turn the light on, her eyes trailed over the fuzzy blackness around her head and expelled a much-needed breath, each day promised nothing more than the last. She had every intention of falling asleep like that, her floral dress settled over her body, her head perpendicular to the pillows, hair fanned out in a halo with her arms spread wide and sunglasses over eyes... And then she heard a sound.