26.

ANAVRIN, CAIUS, MARCUS AND ARO ALL STARED AT ONE ANOTHER FOR A LONG MOMENT. She memorised their faces, taking in each new feature hidden from her human eyes-- they were somehow even more beautiful now. Aro's lips parted to say something but her vampire attention was erratic, she was new and her brain was wild so when the doors opened, they snapped her attention like loud noise to a timid animal. Demetri and Rohan entered.

Rohan's head snapped up because he instantly knew everything as he always knew when prompted. He was across the room in less than a second, slamming his fist into Vladimir's jaw and sending him flying across the room, crumbling against the wall and bringing part of it down with him. Anavrin's attention was on the dark-haired Romanian now and she was unblinking, feeling rage like a whirlwind inside of herself. Her relief at seeing the kings dampened into the background as her mind spun with all the pain she would cause the Romanians.

"Annie," Felix whispered, turning to her and she looked down at their still-linked hands. She was crushing his fingers and she dropped them quickly, pulling her hand back. Luckily, his fingers remained intact and he shook them gently to release the pain.

"Jane," Anavrin said calmly, shocking even herself. The blonde vampire looked up at the kings but they only nodded their heads, never removing their eyes from their new queen. The short blonde turned to Vladimir as Rohan took to pummelling Stefan. Anavrin closed her eyes, breathing in their screeches and feeling overwhelming relief at the sound of their agony. As horrible as it was, she was overjoyed to hear their pain, knowing they were hurting as much as they'd hurt her. Anavrin did not care if that made her a monster. "Make sure they suffer before you kill them," Anavrin stated with chilling cool and Rohan straightened from his continuous punching, breathing a breath as he pushed his curls back up onto his forehead.

"For baby Volturi," Rohan nodded and Anavrin swallowed. "We will show them no mercy, my Queen," Rohan bowed and she nodded in return, eyes moving to face the three kings who appeared in varying states of distress. 

"They killed our baby," she stated, saying the words but not really acknowledging them. They must have known what she meant because she watched anger paint itself over Caius' features, a sizzling burning inferno that she knew well. Marcus' face cracked in two in an expression of horror and Aro froze in his own distress. She was too distracted by her own fear to consider too deeply how they felt. Caius was across the room in a flash, grabbing Vladimir into the air while he still writhed in agony from Jane.

"There are some colourful ways to kill an immortal," Caius spat at him, "I will rip you into tiny pieces and when you reform-- I will do it again and again. And I shall burn each piece one at a time just to hear your screams!" he bellowed. "Alec," he called and Vladimir and Stefan dropped, allowing Felix and another large vampire to hoist them onto their shoulders and from the room.

They were going home and they were going to show the vampires no mercy when they did. Each person left the room one after another and Anavrin breathed in the scent of the kings, learning each unique fragrance. Her new mind could take in so much-- it knew so much.

"My love," Marcus whispered and Anavrin went to him as slowly as she could though it was still beyond human speed. He smiled gently when she stood in front of him and he ever-so-gently took her hand and laid it against his cheek, his own other one coming up to her face. She marvelled at the new feeling of his soft flesh. Their temperatures matched. She had been too distracted with her rage to truly take notice when she had been holding Felix's hand but vampires were so soft... like a baby. The word gave her a lump in her unbeating heart but she would be okay, she knew it then in Marcus' arms and even more so when she leant forward to kiss him, careful not to apply too much pressure.

"You look beautiful, Anavrin," Caius spoke softly when Marcus had released her and she couldn't help but smile at his words-- she had needed to hear them from him. Walking toward him, their reunion kiss was not quite as gently and she laughed as she pulled back. "Making up for those bruises," he chuckled and she grinned. It was easy to compartmentalize her agonised feelings now that she was calm, to put all her issues on a shelf for a later date. They had forever to take each of those problems down from their place and address them.

Anavrin turned lastly to Aro Volturi and he blinked back calmly, not approaching and Anavrin tilted her head. She realised as she stood among them that she did truly love them and she was sure that if Marcus was to assess them, they would all be matching glittering threads of brilliant gold. Anavrin loved her kings and as messy as it was their dysfunctional relationship was everything she needed and wanted.

They didn't need easy. 

"Marcus knows," Caius said calmly, approaching behind her and gently placing his hands on her bare shoulders. she turned her head to look up at him over her shoulder and he smiled softly, kissing her forehead. "And it was quite the battle that ensued when he learned but all is now well," she frowned at that, how could that be possible? Marcus answered her unasked question.

"Banding together to find you was the priority, my sweet," his eyes were sad but she saw on his face that he truly meant it. Marcus was the only vampire in the world that could be so wronged and yet still forgive wholeheartedly. "You are what matters most to us, Anavrin and for you, we would forgive it all."

"I am sorry, Anavrin," Aro's head dipped and she walked toward him, placing her hand on his cheek and knowing that he drank in all the pain she had been feeling and all she had experienced in their absence-- his jaw clenched. "You are safe now," he assured and she smiled softly.

"I know," Anavrin answered both his statements and she reached up to press her lips to his. "Let's go home," she whispered.

AUTHORS NOTE: Hello Everyone! Anavrin is finally a vampire and reunited with the loves of her life! This means that this story is very nearly over :( thank you all for being here along for the ride and I hope you all enjoyed every single part. The story showed the beginning of their relationship to the point where they were all in love and the start of her vampire life. There will be a few more parts of this book. There's no plan for a future book yet but please comment if you would like to see more of Anavrin and the kings and thank you all again for reading. 

A few more chapters are to come. :)