4.

CAIUS VOLTURI'S CHAMBERS WERE BEAUTIFUL- THERE WERE NO OTHER WORDS TO DESCRIBE THE SOPHISTICATED, MODERN MINIMALISM THAT SPREAD OUT IN FRONT OF HER EYES

CAIUS VOLTURI'S CHAMBERS WERE BEAUTIFUL- THERE WERE NO OTHER WORDS TO DESCRIBE THE SOPHISTICATED, MODERN MINIMALISM THAT SPREAD OUT IN FRONT OF HER EYES. In actuality, Anavrin Sommers wasn't entirely certain what she had been expecting from the evil blond, perpetually angry king. This room was large, marble and dark, pooled with only the occasional lamp. There wasn't a single component of mess or clutter in sight, the complete opposite of everything Marcus' room had to offer. But, here, in Caius' room- she felt much less comfortable and maybe that was because of the tense blond man that had only just released her from his grip. Standing beside him on her own two feet again- she finally realised the height difference- he was definitely taller than Marcus, though perhaps by just a few inches.

"Why am I here, Caius?" she decided to ask, never stepping forward from the entry as she looked over each of the components of the room- Marcus had told her that the other kings hadn't extended the same courtesy, provided her with a bedroom of her own which meant she was going to have to sleep in the bed right in the centre of the room if she planned on sleeping that evening at all.

"You're here because we flipped a coin and I lost" he declared calmly, marching strongly across the room to lounge backwards into one of the couches that sat on either side of the room. She glared at him but didn't move from her position in the doorway. "Aro is set that we should take turns babysitting you, I pitched to have you sent to the guards quarters where you can annoy Felix instead but apparently that doesn't serve the greater agenda"

"What is the greater agenda?" that was the big question, wasn't it? What did they actually expect to do with her? Turn her into a vampire, she supposed- and then what? They couldn't ever quite bounce back and forth between the three for eternity, could she? The emotions were already giving her whiplash and that was just from spending time with two of them. The truth was, as ignited as Anavrin was by Caius' presence, she would much rather be anywhere else. He was intimidating even if she would never admit it. He couldn't kill her but that didn't mean that he wouldn't hurt her.

"Haven't a clue" he waved easily, looking over some papers in his hands. "Do you plan on standing there all evening Anavrin, you realise you have twenty-four hours of my presence to go? I wouldn't mind you gormlessly standing there if it kept you quiet but you're making the place look untidy" he hummed, never even bothering to look at her and she huffed as she marched to the couch opposite him, flopping to sit and cast one leg over the other, ignoring the man across the room like a stubborn child. "Listen, twiglet- we can all agree that you and Marcus would much rather be together again tonight, living out your Stockholm Syndrome fantasies and running away into the sunset but we don't have a choice, you've been a pain in the ass since your plane touched down in Italy and you continue to be. It would be advised that you stop being a little brat, grow up and realise that your life isn't getting any better than this, Holly Hobbie- this is it now, you're stuck here, get over it... On a completely unrelated note, if you happened to pitch yourself off of the balcony while I was otherwise occupied- I wouldn't stop you" he gestured to the patio doors and she just rolled her eyes at him. He was flinging insults left, right and centre and she hadn't even said anything.