2.

ANAVRIN SOMMERS WAS COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY OUT OF HER DEPTH

ANAVRIN SOMMERS WAS COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY OUT OF HER DEPTH. She watched Aro march calmly back to the podium and take his seat yet again. He knew she wouldn't leave, that she couldn't bring herself to, at least not until she had some answers as to why she was there in the first place. She was far too curious for her own good and now it was going to be her downfall. She should have ran then as they stared her down and made her feel so small, ran even though they would certainly catch her. But, she didn't. She stood there calmly as they seemed to pierce holes in her. She was waiting for the answer to her question.

What made Anavrin Sommers so special? What caused them to kidnap her from her hotel room, expose their own secret (breaking their own laws by doing so), what was it that gave a weak human like herself so much power? She'd hit Felix around the head with a lamp and received no repercussion at all and she was now being encouraged by the vampire king to speak her mind without worry of consequence. The ultimate question still remained... Why?

"Anavrin" Aro called for her attention yet again. She'd been staring at him this entire time though something about the blankness of her face must have indicated that she wasn't paying any attention. "These are my brothers; Caius and Marcus. And to answer your question, you have power because you are something very special to the three of us."

"... Something special?" She queried, rocking back and forth on her feet slightly, uncomfortable under their intense stares. Aro looked across to Marcus which dragged Anavrin's gaze to follow. The brunette man was just as beautiful as the other two though he seemed so much... kinder. Perhaps she'd be proven completely incorrect but his red eyes were warmer, smile more genuine.

"Anavrin. In our world, granted the fact that we live for eternity. Relationships are special, regular relationships would not be easily sustainable throughout eternity. And so, each vampire essentially has a soulmate. Someone with whom they are destined to love and be loved by entirely for eternity. For some, they never get the opportunity to meet their soulmate" he explained and she frowned at him. Perhaps she was being completely clueless but she had absolutely no idea how that was relevant right now?

"Okay?"

"On a rare occurrence, two vampires will share the same soulmate- we have witnessed only one instance of such a thing" he continued.

"That's... nice?" She blinked, clearly having no idea what that had to do with anything and Marcus turned to Aro for support. The raven haired king merely nodded for him to continue.

"And on even rarer occurrences. Three vampires may share the same soulmate. We have heard no tales of that until now which does make this rather unique" he calmly expressed and Anavrin froze where she was standing, eyes shifting back and forth between the three of them as Marcus' words repeated in her mind. Caius rolled his eyes, apparently fed up with the entire ordeal and she didn't blame him- why couldn't they just be straightforward? She thought she knew the answer now... but she was hoping they'd deny it.