25.

Anavrin giggled gently, laughing softly as the baby babbled up at her

Anavrin giggled gently, laughing softly as the baby babbled up at her. He was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen, his eyes the colour of the ocean and she held him as carefully as she could, as though he was made of glass and would shatter if she applied any pressure. Together, they sat on the steps of the Volturi gardens swimming pool, the water gently lapping at her legs, flowing in the bottom of a pretty white lace dress. the boy was dressed in sage-coloured shorts, his hands grasping into little fists up at her, trying to reach her. 

"You are the cutest, my love," she gushed, kissing his nose softly, he was warm and pretty in her arms and her human skin looked so unimpressive in comparison to his vast beauty. He rivalled her kings though she could see something of them all in him-- Marcus' curls, Aro's nose and Caius' lips. But overall, she looked like him and it brought her endless joy to see that he was hers wholly and completely and she loved him as though he was the world because he was.

The boy splashed his hands in the water and she laughed gently at his actions, reaching up to push his curls back. He blinked big eyes at her, turning his head to nuzzle her hand and she watched him in awe. He was angelic.

The boy frowned suddenly, a most human mature frown that did not fit his baby features. Anavrin lifted him away from the water but in the process, his mouth closed around her wrist in a sharp bite, teeth piercing her flesh and Anavrin released a pained gasp as he pulled back, sharp canines dripping with blood-- he had teeth.

Anavrin pinched her eyes closed, feeling a burning in biting through her wrist, fire licking up her arm and through her body and she gasped her pain, holding her baby tighter so he wouldn't drip away.  A baby scream met her ears and she opened her eyes, a wail leaving her own lips as she looked down at the baby-less blanket in her arms, a simple sage green blanket but her baby was gone and the water pooled a bright crimson red around her ankles, stretching out into the pool and tainting its beauty. 

Her dream shattered into a million pieces with her scream and Anavrin gasped awake, eyes open as she emerged from her pain to look around-- the fiery agony raged on but she saw now, saw the walls of the dungeon she was still within, felt the chains holding her but she saw no vampires in sight. She was alone, in pain and feeling her body change. Anavrin screamed again through her teeth, wishing for the pain to stop even if it meant that she'd have to die for it to be so. Dying would be far less painful.

"Please," Anavrin sobbed out before her head turned back to the floor, eyes scanning over the blood that plastered it-- her blood. The dreams stole her back not long after, the pain proving too much for her brain to muster.

--

The next Anavrin knew was silence, she heard nothing for as far as her ears could reach but she had an odd feeling that she could hear incredibly well. Anavrin was in transition and she could feel it, the tips of her fingers and toes cooling, the fire retracting and leaving them feeling blissfully cool. The scent of her own blood still on the floor burned her throat and she knew she could hear, she just simply could not work out how. As she thought about it, her ears seemed to zoom in on the oddest of sensations and she heard things-- heard humans scraping around on the floor above, a servants quarters and further from that-- she heard the voices of the two men who had abducted her speaking in a language she didn't recognise.