Thirty-Eight

RICO

My heart stops as I hear those words come from her drool worthy mouth.

She loves me?

Arabella loves me?

After everything that has happened between us, she loves me.

She isn't laying down beside me anymore, now sat up and staring at me with panicked eyes.

"I'm sorry!" She covers her face with her hands while I just stare at her with wide eyes. My brain can't think.

When was the last time someone has loved me. Everyone I know had just used me for money or sex.

But love? I think I need some air.

I don't even register my movements as I walk out the room, her voice sounding distant in the background.

"Rico I'm sorry! Co-Come back!" I ignore her.

She loves me she loves me she loves me.

Next thing I know, I'm sitting on a bench outside the hospital. I take a deep break and look at the cars driving past, trying to process everything in my head.

I lean my head back and sigh. Am I fucked up for leaving her in there by herself?

Yes.

Maybe I should just take a walk, hopefully my mind will get off of it.

4 hours later

ARABELLA

I stare at the ceiling.

He doesn't love me back.

Of course he doesn't.

What the heck was I thinking he would do? Say he loves me too and us just kiss and laugh together? That's all bullcrap.

He left and never came back, just like what Adam did when I first met Rico in his tattoo parlor shop.

He left.

They always leave me. I shouldn't have said anything.

My tears are dried up and I secretly wish I wasn't in the hospital right now so I could grab something to distract me from the pain that I feel.

Why does my heart always feel shattered around boys? Is it them or me? I need to know.

I'm so tired of this hospital. I'm tired of men. I'm tired of me.

My head still throbs and my hands itch to do something bad.

Stop it. Stop it. Stop it. Stop it.

Don't do it.

I look over and see something I could use. I don't grab it.

I really want to though.

Before I could reach my hand out and grab it, I hear a click and the door opens.

I sit up and stare at Rico.

He looks super sad. His hair looks all messed up and he has a large frown on his face.

As much as my heart hurts, I turn away from him and look at the wall. I don't want to see him right now.

"Arabella I'm sorry." He comes up to me and pulls me close to him. I push away from him but he just holds me tighter against him.

"I love you too." He whispers and my body stills. He loves me back?

I look at him and frown. "Why did you leave me then?"

He looks away, "I needed... Time." For 4 hours?

I look at the object I was about to cut myself with, his eyes look into mine and look at what I was staring at.

He looks confused until his eyes widen and his face becomes panicked, "Mi Amore..." His face is slumped.

He is probably so tired of me.

"You didn't..."

I let out a small sigh and stare at my hands, "I didn't."

He lets out a breath of relief and keeps me hugged close to him. Why does he still want to be with me?

"Why do you still want me Rico?" I look up at him confused, after everything, he is still here.

He holds onto me tighter and we switch into a more comfortable position, "because I love you. I am always going to love you, even if you are at your lowest." He stares into my eyes and I believe him.

It takes so much to get over such a toxic relationship that I had with Adam and I'm so happy that my Coco was here for me all the way through.

I hear a knock and a doctor comes in, "how are you feeling?" Rico doesn't get up and keeps us together.

It feels nice. To have the comfort of him.

"I'm doing better." I lie as if I wasn't thinking about something bad just five minutes earlier.

She smiles, "that's amazing, you can leave soon enough." She writes stuff down on her clipboard and leaves the room with a goodbye.

I breathe out, I can go home.

My home with Coco.
——————————————————————————
You guys I am so sorry! Since school has started, I have been so busy. I hope you all don't hate me too much for posting a super late chapter and I hope you like it. I love you all🫶🏽