1. Diamond of the First Water

"Grosvenor Square, 1813. Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Consider the household of the Baron Featherington. Three misses foisted upon the marriage market like sorrowful sows by their tastelessâ, tactless mama. Far better odds might exist in the household of the widowed Viscountess Bridgerton. A shockingly prolific family, noted for its bounty of perfectly handsome sons and perfectly beautiful daughters."

Eloise groans, pulling at her dress as the sisters all walk down the stairs. Both of the older girls looked to be uncomfortable. "I am already roasting," the older twin complains, making Eleanor sigh.

"Are you to complain the entire day, Eloise?" Francesca asks her.

She glares at their younger sister, "Surely I cannot be expected to bear these fashions the entire day," she says. It was a pretty hot day and Eloise was not one known to be patient or quiet.

"I feel like a princess. Do I look like one?" Hyacinth countered, looking to her sisters for compliments.

Eleanor smiled at the girl and opened her mouth to answer, but her twin beat her to it. "Do you truly wish to know what I think you look like?" Eloise asked her.

"Don't be rude El!" her sister snaps, slapping her arm and she makes a face at sister. She was always trying to ruin her fun.

"Oh, like you wouldn't have said the exact same thing if I hadn't said it first!"

"On your left!" Our little brother Gregory says, running down the stairs.

"Gregory, you are going to end up falling down the stairs or making someone else!" His older sister snapped at him. She sighed, it was enough she was wearing heels, let alone her brother trying to kill her.

"Is our dear sister still not ready?' Benedict asked as the siblings met up at the bottom of the stairs.

"She's only been readying herself the entire night," Francesca laughed as they passed their brothers.

"You mean her entire life," Eloise corrected and the twins giggled. Today was the day she officially entered society as was to be married off.

"I shall run upstairs and hasten her along," Colin offers, but Benedict grabs his arm.

"Colin, wait. I'll do it," Ben offers and Eloise and Eleanor laugh again watching them fight.

"She likes me better than you, Benedict."

"Did she say that?"

"Everyone says that."

Eloise groans, tired of their bickering and pulls her twin with her back to the bottom of the stairs. "Daphne!" she yells, making everyone stop what they're doing, looking at her in shock, but not in surprise. "You must make haste!" With a satisfied smile, she turned back around, "Should you think she heard me?" She asked.

"I'm pretty sure all of London heard you sister?" Benedict told her, holding a hand to his ear in pain.

"And I'm pretty sure I'm in need of some new ears," Eleanor complains with a sarcastic smile.

Mother rushes them all out of the house and into their carriages so that they're not late as Daphne finally comes out of her room. Eloise and Eleanor wave to one of our best friends Penelope Featherington. Her debut is this year along with her two older sisters. Apparently, her mother wants them wed off as fast as she can. She wish she would wait then Penelope would have the light she deserves. She is so kind and her sisters embarrass her.

The family all get into the carriages with Eloise still fussing about her dress and trying to move it so that it's not scratching her neck. Eleanor sighs before helping her move the top of her dress and fixing the placement of her hair before she smacks her hand away from her.