1. Capital R Rake

Well, it was certainly an interesting year. Daphne had a child with the Duke and Colin wasn't here at all, but we all wrote to him. Alex and Pen made frequent trips to us. Alex has been tasked with more diplomatic stuff by his father. It's likely that his uncle will die within the next year or two. They already welcomed their new addition, Prince Alessandro of Italy, Alara's child.

Not only that, but mother has been getting Eloise and I ready for our debut. It has been quite stressful. Now, we're back in the city. Today we are presented in front of the queen and neither El or I have come out of the room we were getting ready in.

"El, you look amazing. It's this dress. It's stiff, and white and gold aren't really your colors," I tried to tell her.

"It's not how I look!" She snaps. "It's about the walking, and the men, and then dances, and the marriage prospects."

I go over to her and hold her hands, "Everything will be okay."

~

"Are they still in there?" Alex asked, coming up to the Bridgerton family.

Violet sighed, "Yes, they won't come out."

"Well, if they won't come out, I'll just have to go in," he smirks. He opens the door before quickly shutting it again so no one will follow.

~

We look over to Alex entering. "What is the matter here?"

"I don't want to do this," Eloise tells him. "I should just stay here and read, it's not like anyone will notice."

I look at him for help "Look, El. I love you, but you're not going to be the diamond."

She nods her head quickly, "Couldn't agree more, Alex, your point?"

"Len will, which means that they'll all be looking at her, no one will pay you any mind, it'll end fast enough and then... we'll deal with the rest. I mean all you'll have to do is tell a couple of men that they should want to leave you alone and then dance with me, my brother, and you brothers and bam! The season's over!" He says excitedly. "Well, that and everyone will be focused on your brother and sister getting married."

I make a weird noise and they both turn to me, "Oh my lord, I'm going to get married. People are going to me looking at," I start trying to fan myself. "I can't do this!"

"Yes, yes you can," Alex counters, moving over to me now. "You'll be the diamond and people will love you and all you have to do is be yourself. We already have a performance lined up, if you want, you do not need to get married, we can get the whole season booked up to where you won't even have enough time, how about that?" He offers and I take a deep breath nodding. "Now that you both are ready, we should go."

~

Back outside.

"I just think it's important–"

"No, no, no."

"Gregory, you Shh! Let them come out on their own."

"Is this the plan?" Daphne asks, coming up the stairs to see her whole family waiting at the door.

"Thank goodness you're here," Violet sighs.

"They've both requested time," Anthony tells her.

"Well we do not have time," she tells them. "Stand back."

Benedict stops her from going any further, "No offense, Sister, but you are the last person they'd like to see. Alex is in there with them, everything should be fine."

"What does that mean?"

"Are we sure they're still in there?" Hyacinth asks.

"Of course they are," Francesca counters.