003: The Photos

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ What I Want ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

The next day at lunch, Jamie is out on the bleachers smoking when Nancy approaches her. 

"Hey Jamie." 

"Hi." Jamie responded shortly.

"I was wondering if you have seen Barb today ."

"Um, no, I saw her last night when I left. She was waiting for you to, uh, finish."

"Oh."

"Why...what's wrong?"

"Nothing!"

"Are you sure? Did she take you home?" Jamie started to get worried.

"Yeah! She took me home and she probably is feeling bad because of her hand. Sorry for bothering you." Then Nancy walked away.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

The school bell rang and Jamie headed out to her car when she was stopped by the sight of Steve, Tommy H, Carol, and Nicole sitting around Jonathan's car.

She walks up to them, "What are you guys doing?"

Steve looked at her, "Wouldn't you like to know."

She raised an eyebrow, "I would like to know."

"He has some nice work to show us."

"What work–" She was cut off by Steve getting off the car.

"Hey, man," Steve said to Jonathan's arrival.

Jonathan looks confused, "What's going on?"

Steve answered, "Nicole here was, uh, telling us about your work."

"We've heard great things," Carol said.

"Yeah, sounds cool," Tommy H. added.

"And we'd just love to take a look. You know, as...connoisseurs of art," Steve continued.

Jonathan sighed, "I don't know what you're talking about." He then tried to push through to get in his car.

Steve said, "Oh, no?"

"Harrington, cut it out-" Jamie started to say.

"Shut it Jamie!"

Tommy H. then grabbed Jonathan's bag.

"Hey. Please give me my bag," Jonathan said.

Tommy H. then threw the bag at Steve.

"No, just..." Jonathan said.

Steve, holding the bag, said, "Man, he is totally trembling. He must really have something to hide."

"Harrington, just give Jonathan his bag–" Jamie started to say.

"Jesus, just be quiet Jamie," Steve interrupted her.

"Here we go," Tommy H. says while Steve sets the bag on the trunk.

"Ah," Steve says when he pulls out a bunch of photos, "Here we go."

Steve then looks at the photos, "Oh, man."

"Let me see," Tommy H said. He takes the photos out of Steve's hand and looks at them, "Dude."

"Yeah this isn't creepy at all," Carol said while also looking at the photos.

Jonathan tried to defend himself, "I was looking for my brother."

"No," Steve said unconvinced, "No, this is called stalking."

Steve then handed Jamie a photo while Nancy walked up to the group.

"What's going on?" She asks.

"Here's the starring lady," Tommy H announced.

Nancy was confused, "What?"

Carol explained while staring at Jonathan, "This creep was spying on us."

Carol then handed Nancy a photo, "He was probably gonna save this one for later."

Nancy looked at the photo, Jamie peeked over at it. It was Nancy in the window of Steve's room, taking her shirt off.

Steve clicked his tongue, "See, you can tell that he knows it was wrong, but," He walked closer to Jonathan, "Man, that's the thing about perverts. It's hardwired into 'em. You know, they just can't help themselves."

Steve proceeds to rip up a photo in his hands. Tommy H laughed.

"So...we'll just have to take away his toy." Steve said while throwing the ripped pieces in the air.

"Steve.." Nancy said while Steve was walking towards the bag.

"No, please, not the camera," Jonathan pleaded.

Tommy H was holding his hand to Jonathan's chest when Steve said, "No, no, wait, wait...Tommy, Tommy."

Tommy H put his hand down and chuckled. Steve continued, "It's okay."

"Here you go, man," Steve put the camera out.

Jonathan went to grab it when Steve then dropped it on the floor. The camera shattered and Jamie was stunned. She had never seen Steve like this, it was almost he had changed into something she hated.

"Come on, let's go. The game's about to start," Steve told everyone as he turned around.

"Boo," Tommy H said to Jonathan before he followed Steve.

Carol threw pieces in the air and said, "Bye."

Everyone left Jonathan's car, except Nancy and Jamie. Jonathan immediately looked at the broken pieces of his camera. All three were too stunned to speak after what Steve had done. Jamie started to help Jonathan with the broken camera while Nancy looked down at the scattered photos. She noticed a picture with Barb sitting on the diving board.

She looked at Jonathan before Steve called out, "Hey, Nance!" She turned around where Steve finished, "Come on."

Nancy started picking up the photo scrapes and shoved them into her bag before getting up and walking toward Steve.

"Jonathan..." She said.

"No..I shouldn't have taken those photos...He had every right–"

"Don't say that. Steve is an ass. Sure what you did was wrong but what Steve did was uncalled for."

There was silence. They finished picking up the pieces when Jamie said, "I'm sorry about Will."

Jonathan looked at her, "M-Me too."

"I wish I could help look for him, but I have Dustin to watch over. If you need anything just give me a call."

He smiled, "Thank you."

She returned the smile, handing him the pieces she gathered, and walked off to her car.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

Late that evening she's in the kitchen washing dishes when Dustin walks in.

"DUSTIN! Where have you been?! Do you realize what time it is–" She stops when she realizes he's crying.

She rushes over and asks, "Hey, hey, what's wrong?"

He whispers, "He's dead..."

He looks up at her with his teary eyes, "Will is dead."

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

*A/N*

Steve season 1<<<
But really, Steve. Baby, why do Jonathan like that! </3