006: The Fight

*A/N*

Just an FYI before going into this chapter, there is talk about SA and SH. Proceed with caution!

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ What I Want ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ 

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

Jamie's leg was bleeding, the cut didn't seem too deep but it still hurt. She wrapped some cloth around it until she could treat it properly. Jonathan was worried for his best friend and Nancy was traumatized. Who wouldn't be? 

"Jamie, I'll drop Nancy off at her place and I'll stay with you," Jonathan said.

"No, Jonathan look at her. Nancy needs someone with her tonight." 

Jonathan looked at how shaken up Nancy was.

"You're right...but what about you?"

"I'll be fine, just drop me off."

"Alright then."

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

Jonathan drove away and Jamie limped into her house. The first thought that came to her head was a shower. She was covered in that awful slime stuff, dirt, and bleeding. She grabbed towels, and the first aid kit and locked the bathroom door. She hopped in the shower and she saw that awful monster again. Her eyes widened but she told herself that it wasn't real. She got out and dried off. Then she started fixing her leg; she poured disinfected on the wound and it stung so bad. After she wrapped it up and called it a night. She fell asleep and then had a nightmare of that monster again. She jolted awake.

"This is going to be a long night."

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

The next morning she was woken up to the phone ringing. She got up and answered. 

"Hello?" 

"Jamie! It's Jonathan. Meet us at the guns and trap store."

"Okay-" The line disconnected. "Good morning to you too."

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

When she got there Jonathan caught her up on Nancy's theory of the monster being attracted to blood. They started going around the store grabbing whatever seemed fit for monster slaying. Once they got what seemed like enough, they started to unload on the counter. The storekeeper was confused.

"And I'll have four boxes of the .38s," Jonathan said. 

The storekeeper turned around, grabbed the boxes, set them on the counter, and asked, "What you kids doin' with all this?"

All three kids looked at each other. 

"Monster hunting," Nancy said. 

"Huh," The storekeeper scoffs and starts to add up the total.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

They walked out with the supplies and Jonathan laughed. 

"What?" Jamie asked.

"Monster hunting?" He says while opening the trunk.

Nancy smiled, "You know, last week...I was shopping for a new top I thought Steve might like." She said while unloading, "It took me and Barb all weekend. It seemed like life or death, you know? And...and now-"