016: Dart

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ What I Want ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

The next day, Jamie once again woke up at the Hargrove's. She quietly threw on some clothes, not wanting to wake Billy up, and then walked into the living room to be met with Max doing homework on the kitchen table.

"What are you working on?" Jamie asked her.

"Math, I don't want to do it because I don't understand. But if I don't finish it then I can't go to the arcade."

Jamie sat down next to her, "Let me help, I wouldn't want you to miss out on arcade time."

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

A while later Billy had woken up and walked to see the girl of his dreams helping his step-sister with homework; he had hit the jackpot with Jamie. He walked over to her and kissed her cheek, seeing what they were working on. 

"Math? Ew," He commented.

"I agree," Max replied.

Jamie rolled her eyes, "You only have 5 more problems left, you got this."

Max sighed but knew she had to finish. While Max was finishing up, Jamie went to the kitchen to see what to make for lunch. 

"You guys want sandwiches or something else. When I mean something else I mean fast food because there isn't a ton in here." 

"I'd do a sandwich with turkey, American cheese, and mustard," Max said.

"Got it, you Billy?"

"I'd do turkey, swiss, tomatoes, and mustard."

"Alright. It'll be a few."

"Take your time."

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

After Billy dropped Max off at the arcade, he drove her back to her house where she kissed him goodbye. She watched him drive away and she went inside. She expected to see her mom watching a show with Mews and her brother in his room. To her surprise, no one was home.

"Dustin? Mom? Are you guys home?" 

No answer. She shrugged and went to her room and finished her homework. When she finished she checked the time and saw it was 8 pm. She was now worried about where her family was; she walked into the kitchen to see cleaning supplies everywhere. She was going to tell Dustin to put things back if he cleaned up an experiment. Then she found something to eat in the fridge and turned on the TV. 

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

A while later she heard a car pull up and voices. She walked outside and saw Dustin with Steve.

"Dustin? Where the hell have you been?"

"Where the hell have I been? Where the hell have YOU been? Of all the days to be hanging out with your boyfriend it had to be when there's a code red," He replied. 

"He's not my boyfri- that's beside the point. What are you two doing?"

Steve grabbed the nailed bat from his trunk, "Your brother has a pet demogorgon that ate your cat."

"You're joking. Please tell me you're joking."

Both boys looked at her, then walked to the storm cellar.

"Dustin, you put it in here?"

"Yeah, I didn't have another choice. You weren't here and I couldn't tell Mom."

Steve pointed the flashlight at the cellar, "I don't hear shit."

"He's in there," Dustin said.

Steve poked the doors with the bat, no noise. He then hit the doors; still nothing. 

Steve then turned the flashlight at Dustin, "All right, listen, kid. I swear, if this is some sort of Halloween prank, you're dead."

"Steve don't talk to my brother like that," Jamie said.

"It's not a prank," Dustin said, "Get the light out of my face."

"You got a key for this thing?" Steve asked.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

After unlocking the doors, Steve didn't see crap.

"He must be further down there," Dustin commented, "I'll stay up here if he tries to, escape.."

Steve looked at Dustin and sighed. He went inside and without his knowledge, Jamie went too. He was down when Jamie noticed he didn't turn the light on, so she did.

"AGHHHHH!" Steve shouted and turned around, shining the flashlight in her face.

"GEEZ!" She responded.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!"

"Turning on the light," She said as she rubbed her eyes.

"You scared the shit out of me!"

"CLEARLY!"

He was going to say something else but Jamie took the bat from him and used it to pick up something slimey. 

"Steve, what do you think that is?"

"I...don't know...check that out," He then walked over to the wall.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

From the top Dustin called out, "Jamie? Steve? What's going on down there?"

Steve pointed the light at him, which scared Dustin, "Get down here."

When Dustin got down Jamie held up the slimey thing. 

"Oh, shit..." Dustin said. 

Then Steve pointed to the huge hole that Dart had made. 

"Oh, shit." 

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

A/N:

Sorry, this is a shorter chapter. I felt if I kept going it would be too long. I hope to get the next chapter out later today but we shall see.